Author: Breezy Point Mom
•10:36 PM

So tomorrow is our "baby girl's" Adoption Day. It is a day that some adoptive parents lovingly refer to as "Gotcha Day". But we call it Adoption Day here.

We asked our daughter what she wanted to do to celebrate. She replied that she wanted to go to a local pizzeria, "and maybe I can bring some money from my piggy bank, and put some in the thingy and turn it and get some gumballs for M[my brother]!"

This is one of the things we so cherish about our little girl. Almost since the day she arrived in our family, her big brother has lit up her life, and she has always let us know about it. She really adores him.

Thinks about him before she thinks about herself. She doesn't accept anything from anybody without first making sure that her brother gets his share. Whenever there is something beautiful to see, she runs to tell him about it. She has been this way every day since she's been a baby. It is amazing.

I don't think a big brother has ever been loved by his little sis quite like this.
This entry was posted on 10:36 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On August 6, 2008 at 3:01 PM , Marjie said...

All of my children are the best of friends, and always have been, and it makes me proud. When I was questioning my third son on how he can use so many "in minutes", he responded that he talks to each of his 5 college siblings at least once a week for at least an hour at a clip. I had nothing left to say.

Mark's frequent question about school, starting with Kindergarten, was "May Ryan include?" or May I include with Ryan?" My proudest achievement is raising a group of best friend siblings, and your daughter and son are doing the same. It will make you happy all of your life! They are adorable children!

 
On August 7, 2008 at 9:43 PM , Becky said...

Such sweet pictures! You must be a very proud mama.
~Becky

 
On August 12, 2008 at 11:44 AM , sarbenn said...

Lovely, lovely pictures. It's wonderful to hear about how close your children are. That's a gift they'll have for their entire lives.