Author: Breezy Point Mom
•3:23 PM

We put the finishing touches on the room. Here are the pictures.













This is the new table we ordered online. It was shipped by UPS. It is a very sturdy and rugged table, just the correct size for what we are doing.





Here is one of the St*ples D*sktop Appr*ntices. Each one holds the Calvert resources for one child / grade level.







Getting this room finished helped get me out of the homeschooling doldrums. I so enjoy having everything at my fingertips. And homeschooling is no longer taking over the entire house.




The children enjoy the room, and it helps me to compartmentalize my time and attention to doing lessons. I needed this structure to help keep myself disciplined.



I am so thankful to be able to homeschool. What a blessing!
This entry was posted on 3:23 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 comments:

On August 18, 2008 at 8:02 PM , Miller Family said...

Ahhh...I love bookcases. Isn't it great to have it all organized? We have finally dedicated a room to homeschool as well, and it is such a joy to be able to keep everything together.
Thanks for keeping in touch!
Blessings, Christine at the crossroads
PS How is hurricane Fay in your area? My parents are preparing, though they are nestled inland and not too worried.

 
On August 18, 2008 at 9:28 PM , mykidzmomnow said...

The room is beautiful. What a treasure to have! I am inspired!

Thank you for sharing.

Patty
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/southofthefork/

 
On August 19, 2008 at 1:15 PM , Marjie said...

Nice room; the window makes it cheerful, and the bookcases are great! Hope all 3 of you have fun there! Calvert makes it so easy for us Moms, and my boys have enjoyed it, too. Isn't it nice to have everything organized and ready?

 
On August 19, 2008 at 1:38 PM , Emily (teachingmisssmartypants) said...

Looking good! We're putting the finishing touches on our schoolroom re-do and I'll have it posted on my blog in a week or so (hopefully!).

 
On August 20, 2008 at 5:22 PM , Angel S. said...

What a great room! That is something I miss since we have moved is having a "real" homeschool place. It is inspiring to be surrounded books and to have everything easily accessible. Hope you have a great homeschool year!

 
On October 8, 2008 at 11:48 PM , tina said...

That is a great room! I love that Desktop Apprentice!!! I'm going to have to look into one of those. How handy! Thanks for coming by!