Author: Breezy Point Mom
•11:30 PM
We have returned from our camping trip. I am really behind on blog reading, having found a list of 60 unread posts on my reader. I haven't had the time to leave comments, either. I guess I follow too many blogs!


This week, I am preparing for a homeschool field trip Saturday evening to our pasture to view the winter constellations. The evening promises to be crystal clear and cold. I will post about our camping trip when the dust settles. Thank you for your patience.
|
This entry was posted on 11:30 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On January 29, 2009 at 9:31 AM , Jill said...

Hello! So fellow homeschool mom... I am carving out a some time today to read about your family. I instantly thought about sat. nites schedule to held out to our local field...that is the great thing about living in the country...too bad there is a Walmart 1 mile away....big lights. Looking forward to getting to know you.

 
On January 30, 2009 at 1:35 PM , Lois O'Brien said...

Hi--thanks for your comments on my blog.

The Home Ec. book that we have been using is called Home Economics for Home Schoolers. It is published by Pearables and is available at their website http://www.pearables.com/. We have really been enjoying it!

Lois

 
On January 30, 2009 at 4:38 PM , Marjie said...

We love the night field trips, too....eclipse, stargazing, whatever. And, of course, recess with dogs is the best part of home school (at least according to the boys).

I got your grapefruit email. I just can't stand when big companies like UPS protect other big, over priced companies. Reminds me of the ban on ugly tomatoes a couple of years back, because the flavorless tomato farmers were losing too much business, so they got the Florida legislature to make it illegal to ship less than perfect tomatoes out of state. At least your son learned a lesson: bureaucracy stinks! (Another thing they'd never teach him in school.)

 
On January 31, 2009 at 10:11 PM , Paula said...

I am so jealous of your star-watching field trip! That's actually one reason I am determined to take my family camping this year--my kids barely know what the stars are, they've never seen a really glorious night sky full of stars. I would love to be out in the country...