Author: Breezy Point Mom
•4:08 PM
Little Son brought back the mail from the mailbox (which is at the far end of our street) and it included a letter for us signed from Dr. R. C. Spro*l himself. It pertained to our visiting his church recently. We visited a week ago, as it is a half hour from our house, and we have been looking at churches (although I am still not convinced that we need to leave our existing church). Anyway, you could say that it was practically love at first sight for my DH when we experienced the worship service there. It is an unusual place, for sure. The ambience of worship was aptly described in a recent blog post I read from someone who visited that church back in July. Although I am urging my DH that we should keep visiting different churches, he really wants to return to that church ~~ again and again. We shall see. We definitely need guidance.
|
This entry was posted on 4:08 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On January 8, 2009 at 8:12 PM , Sandy said...

Since you didn't give your reasons for wanting to stay/not stay, I can only say that if there was a church like that in my town I would be there the next time the doors were open. I don't know if I would stay...but I would love the opportunity to give a church like that a fair chance. My husband seems very happy with the church we're in now...I'm not quite as enthusiastic. I don't know why it's so hard to know where to go to church. It's discouraging since where we go to church is so important.

 
On January 13, 2009 at 5:39 PM , Marcella said...

My Husband and I (and 2 boys) visited St. Andrew's over the summer also. We are very content in our church and are not looking. We have been very involved in our church (a budding 2 1/2 year old church plant), but we had a vacation planned that was cancelled and decided to take a break from church and go somewhere different even though we stayed home. So St. Andrew's it was. And I have to say I agree. The hymns, the atmosphere, the preaching. I have always enjoyed listening to RC. It was a great experience. Knowing we were just visiting made it easy to walk away, but if we were looking, I'd be pushing for St. Andrew's.