Author: Breezy Point Mom
•7:30 AM
I had a rare opportunity to get out of the house yesterday evening for a simple social get together with a lady from my church. We went to P*nera's and got coffees and chatted for two hours.

When I got home, my little son came over to me with a clipboard and composition paper on it and proclaimed "I got an early start on my reading questions, Mommy! I wanted to get done with school earlier tomorrow." He anticipated that he would have to answer six questions in writing, in full sentences, and figured he'd get a head start on the task. He had already accomplished three of them.

All I can say is WOW! My little son is getting to be a self-starter! If he keeps this attitude up about his work, he will do great in high school and college. (yes, I am already thinking that far out...I can't help it).
This entry was posted on 7:30 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On July 31, 2008 at 8:53 AM , timbuck2mom said...

I love to see the motivation hit too. I'm still working on that in my kids! :)

Thanks for the comment about college. I did look up Grove City College. It is 4 hours from my sisters house. I think the tuition would be too much.

My other sister lives in Tucson and he could stay with her family if he transferred to the UofA down there. It's just a hard decision for my husband to make. I know that sounds crazy because who doesn't want their children to go to college in this day and age but my husband tends to think outside the box, so to speak.

Your kids are adorable, btw.

Elisabeth