Author: Breezy Point Mom
•11:45 PM
Well, the former playroom (that the children never played in) / toy room / overflow room has now been organized into a school room. I am finally posting some photos.

When you walk into the room, this is what you see, facing the south wall. The wobbly card table has got to go. We are looking for something a bit larger, and more STABLE!



This is the east wall. The easel is serving as our dry erase board for the time being.



The north wall, including the entrance. This photo features the "teacher's" special chair! As well as most of our book collection.

photo temporarily removed


Finally, some brand new shelving and storage cabinets for everything we need for school.....and play. This is the west wall. There is a desk to the left that one child works at while I work with the other child.

photo temporarily removed

We spent some of our "stimulus check" to get the cabinets and shelving. It makes me feel very good to teach in this room now. One thing that is missing is some of those Desk Appr*ntices from St*ples. I want to get two -- one for each child's materials, as soon as they go on sale again.

That's all for tonight. Have a great weekend! Thanks for looking!
This entry was posted on 11:45 PM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On July 26, 2008 at 11:51 PM , 40winkzzz said...

NICE schoolroom! I really need to give ours an overhaul. After 13 yrs of homeschooling at the kitchen table, I was so excited to have a "schoolroom" ( a corner of the family/rec room, actually) when we moved here. But now, 3 yrs later, it is a cluttered, disorganized pit and we spend increasingly more of our schooltime upstairs at... yup, the dining room table. (Because we don't have a *kitchen* table at this house.) I have plans and ideas for our schoolroom but I don't think I'll get to implement them before we start up school again. Because the way I work, it would be at least a 2-week project, and there are others to be done first.

Anyway... YOUR schoolroom looks GREAT! You could replace the card table with one of those sturdy fold-up melamine tables. We have a few at our house. The one in our schoolroom is round, but I am thinking of replacing it with two of our 4-ft rectangle tables pushed together to make a square.

Maybe I will bookmark this post and come back to look at it every day so I will be inspired to just chuck all the other projects and organize the schoolroom. (Excpet that the other projects are important too. *Sigh* Maybe I should give up computer time instead.)

 
On July 27, 2008 at 4:07 PM , Marjie said...

The big window should make that room sunny and cheerful! Don't you love having bookcases full of books? It's the best thing we ever did around here. I have a house full of astonishing, avid readers - and I credit that to a vast supply of books for them to enjoy.

 
On August 2, 2008 at 11:45 AM , sarbenn said...

I'm glad you posted pictures of your school room. I always love looking at how other people organized their rooms. Looks great!