Author: Breezy Point Mom
•10:34 PM
We interrupt this Wordless Wednesday to announce that ..... our daughter is reading!! She walked up to me this morning with Green Eggs and Ham in her hand, and told me she was going to read it to me. So up she went on my lap, and she began with "I Am Sam...", then "Sam I Am". Okay, so I figure she might have memorized that part, but she just kept on going, slowly and methodically reading the sight words I had already taught her, and sounding out the words that were new to her. She wasn't sure about a couple of words and asked me about them, but she kept right on, reading through to the very last page!!! There was much jubilation at that moment, and we proudly announced the news to Daddy when he got home. I knew she could handle the early Bob Books, and several of the very brief Calvert Kindergarten early phonics readers ("Cat Sat on a Mat" kind of stuff) but today she decided that she could just dig in and take on this entire book by herself, and she did!!!

Congratulations little girl!!! We are so proud of you, unlocking the door to reading by yourself!

Here is a photo of her reading a Calvert phonics reader to her brother a few weeks ago..
This entry was posted on 10:34 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On July 10, 2008 at 8:23 AM , 40winkzzz said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! Unfortunately, you won't find much new to read in the near future, as I am leaving on vacation in a few days. But you can always read the archives. :-) There's lots of stuff there.

I added your blog here to my Favorites list so I can peruse it a bit more thoroughly when I get back.

There are a LOT of homeschoolers who blog here at blogspot- many of whom used to post at HSB. I have thought abt switching but don't know if I will. I like being part of the hSB "community". For now, I just have the account so I can link when I comment on my friends' Blogger posts.

One way you could get your posts over to your HSB blog would be to simply "copy & paste" your entries. HSB will let you back-date, too, so you could date the copied entries as the date you originally posted them. Getting the photos over would likely be a bit more of a process.

Look forward to reading more later! Cute kids, btw.

Bethany/40winkzzz
from "Life at the WACKOS" @ HSB.

 
On July 12, 2008 at 11:18 PM , mykidzmomnow said...

wow! That is awesome news! Isn't it wonderful that *you* were the one to share the experience with her?

Hooray!

Patty
South of the Fork Farm School