Author: Breezy Point Mom
•5:07 PM
March 3, 2011 5:07 p.m.

Things are looking up.  Chips picked up his violin today for the first time after days of rest and practiced with his accompanist.  Twice - once at slow tempo, then full tempo.  He did great, and no pain at all!  We are very encouraged.  He'll still take it easy (I hope) for the next few days although he really wants to "pull out all the stops." I told him to wait 'til the competition.  Many of his friends were praying, so we are thankful for that.  His teacher is thankful, too, and we assured her it was because of the prayers! 

Thank you to those who left comments about this.  They are helpful and I will investigate your suggestions. 

Having experienced this, I don’t think teachers (at least ours) emphasize the physical aspect of string playing enough, or advise students on how to protect themselves and how to adopt safe “practice practices” to prevent injury.  I think I am going to get some material together and get with our teacher and help her to produce a handout for all her students.  She might not be confident about writing in English and need my help there.

Anyway, I’m doing the happy dance today.
This entry was posted on 5:07 PM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On March 4, 2011 at 5:24 PM , Linda said...

So glad to hear this.