Author: Breezy Point Mom
•5:09 PM

March 14, 2011 5:09 p.m.

On Saturday, the ladies of our church celebrated Spring with its annual tea.  Although I am not a collector of tea time finery (and could not hostess a table, unless styrofoam cups would have been alright, and I suspect not), Sweet Girl and I were able to attend as guests and meet and get to know more women in our church.  It was Sweet Girl’s first ladies’ tea (not including the tea party we had here at our house when she turned 5).

This tea is a tradition for our church, and began back in the day when the senior pastor’s wife used to host it in her home.  The church is now much too big to allow a ladies’ tea to be held in her home, so it is in the fellowship hall.  And unfortunately, our senior pastor was hospitalized over the weekend, so his wife was not in attendance at this tea, either. (but as best we know, he was to be released from the hospital this morning).

Anyway, this was some tea!  An event that is best explained with photos.

DSCN3131Here we are just before leaving home.

DSCN3133

This is the table to which we were assigned.  One of the prettiest, I think.

DSCN3134

There were 17 tables in all, but I am showing just a few here.

DSCN3136

Lovely in blue.  I enjoy all these other ladies’ talents.

DSCN3137

And their vision and creativity.

DSCN3138

Each table is as unique as its hostess.

DSCN3140

I love these colors here.  So Springy!

DSCN3142

Love this even more.  The Youth Group boys (middle school through high school) take on the duty of being waiters.  Our waiter was a 13 year old boy named Holdane.  So polite!  I loved seeing them rise to the occasion and act as gentlemen.   I really think the experience is good for them. (and Chips will probably be doing this next year).

DSCN3145

These cakes were given away as door prizes.  Our table hostess won the big teapot one in the middle.

DSCN3150

Is it dessert time yet, Mommy?

DSCN3147

Who could wait very long to try out all these truffles?  Lemon ones, red velvet ones, chocolate mint ones, and chocolate covered strawberries that were hand-picked from the farm the day before.

DSCN3152

Another gentleman providing the music.

DSCN3153

All the ladies had a wonderful time.

DSCN3154

So did Sweet Girl and I.  She was proud to pose for this photo after much happy nibbling of hors d’oeuvres and truffles.  It was a wonderful first tea!

This entry was posted on 5:09 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On March 14, 2011 at 5:45 PM , Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! My girls would have loved it! :)

 
On March 15, 2011 at 10:32 PM , Kerrie said...

I love the photos of each uniquely decorated table.

My three sons and I have Tea Time each Tues. And Thurs. afternoon. I brew the tea, we sip from the delicate tea cups and saucers, modestly have just two small tea cookies and they read aloud two poems they preselected from their favorites or from Calvert's collection of verses. They maintain this tradition even if visiting with family friends or with my parents.