Author: Breezy Point Mom
•10:35 PM
October 28, 2010 10:35 p.m.

I have to admit, I am proud of myself this Fall.  Last winter, the extreme cold killed so many of our plants.  Our yard was in dire need of some primping, and I planted flowers and flowering shrubs this month.  Plants like Pentas, Plumbagos, Azaleas, Bouganvilleas, Mums, Thryallis, Ixora, Firespikes, Crossandra, and others.  Here are some pictures so you know what I mean...




Not super fancy, but a big deal for me.  I am even remembering to water them all every day.  Pretty good for this girl.

I am beginning to weed places that have been ignored for too long.  We also had to hire a tree service today to do a minor job, but we simply didn't have the equipment to do it on our own.  So within a half hour's time, a work crew came here and cut back the live oak tree from the front of our house, in order to diminish the fire hazard due to a lightning strike.  (Our dear homeowners' insurance company threatened to terminate our coverage if we didn't do this).  So here are some before and after shots...


Before.

AFTER!!  (even the clouds were removed, see?)
Before.

AFTER!!  What a relief!

Another thing, I am bad about holiday decorating.  Really bad.  Every year I think I'm going to decorate, and then I have no time to even think about it.  So I am proud -- no, amazed -- at myself for actually coming up with an autumn decoration.  And it is still just October!  Are you ready for this?

Oooooohh!   Aaaaahhh!
This entry was posted on 10:35 PM and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On October 29, 2010 at 5:00 PM , Marjie said...

Tell me where to find that tree trimmer who can trim away clouds. After 4 days of clouds, I am so ready to hire them!