Author: Breezy Point Mom
•11:09 PM
October 27, 2010  11:09 p.m.

Sweet Girl is very close to the end of Calvert School Second Grade.  Only a few lessons left to go.  Yesterday, she had to do a science composition.  She was supposed to write about the digestive process, from the point of view of the food that had been eaten.  She was to utilize science terms that she learned for the digestive system.  She really got into this assignment!  She even chose to provide several illustrations.  Anyway, here are the composition and illustrations.

I'm sure you can see where this is going.  My only comment is "Calvert, you asked for it!"

Being An Apple  (by Sweet Girl)

     I am an apple.  One day someone took me off the shelf.  It was a girl.  She bit into me and swallowed. I went down her esophagus.  I fell down into her stomach.  There some acid poured on me.  I did not like that.  Then I saw a cave opening and was pushed in.  I felt myself going in a maze of the small intestines.  Afterwards I didn't feel quite the same.  All the energy I had before was gone.  Suddenly I was moved into the large intestines.  All of a sudden I was covered in brown muck.  The next day I was pushed out of the body and into the toilet.

The End.

And now for the illustrations, in case you needed visual clues!




This entry was posted on 11:09 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On October 28, 2010 at 5:32 PM , Marjie said...

I'll bet her teacher will get a good chuckle out of her illustrations.

Are you using the email ATS this year? We started with it this year, and got our first test results in 2 days. It was just wonderful! I did find that I could scan the green test sheets using a "black and white" setting, so they came out with a white background, and acceptable to Calvert, thus saving me from having to print out all the sheets. If you've not been using it, I suggest you try it when the kids start their next Calvert school year. Having the test results back quickly is so much less frustrating for my little guy!