Author: Breezy Point Mom
•8:18 AM
Friday, February 19, 2010 8:33 a.m.

Just an update to say that I really appreciate all the thoughtful and insightful comments that I have received from Heidi in PA, Sandy in TX, Paula in CA and Linda in the UK! Thank you so much. I expect to see this teacher, Miss O, possibly on Saturday (tomorrow), Sunday, and Monday. The other mother saw her mid-week and told me that she was very apologetic. As for me, I have prepared a letter to her, explaining the entire situation in detail from our point of view, but mostly acknowledging her sad feelings.

Remember, we are not the ones having to leave the Trio, but you can't have a trio of one, right?

When we saw our other teacher, Miss S, on Wednesday, and told her what happened (she is a close friend of Miss O, having both immigrated here from the former Sovi*t Union), her advice to me was "Show her your appreciation, bring her flowers.... a teacher needs this."

I have no doubts.

This is advice coming from a person who has known her own share of disappointments.

Anyway, I wasn't expecting violin to be a soap opera this soon, but here we are.

On a lighter note, tomorrow is the FFMC Strings Competition (Audition), and both Chips and Sweet Girl are going to be participating. If they get the "superior" rating, Sweet Girl will have achieved her first Gold Cup, and Chips will be collecting three Gold Cups this year. Chips has now had six years of FFMC participation in three separate categories.

We need to install shelves on their bedroom walls!
|
This entry was posted on 8:18 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On February 19, 2010 at 5:19 PM , Marjie said...

I just caught up with your previous post. I'm not a music mom; jeez, my piano is for decoration, having almost never been touched (although some day I'm going to teach myself to play...). I do have to say, however, that you cannot let yourself be guilted into doing something you don't want to do. Miss S's suggestion of bringing flowers to Miss O is very nice, but you have to do what is right for you and your kids. Everything else is secondary. (This is why people have always called me selfish: I deal in what's best for those people in my little corner of the world, because they are the ones to whom my allegiance must go first. I don't think it's selfish, but it can be very hard to do.) Good luck with this!

 
On February 19, 2010 at 6:04 PM , Paula said...

Taking flowers sounds like a lovely idea.

I hope your children both do well in their competition playing.

 
On February 20, 2010 at 9:38 PM , Tara said...

I just saw your two posts..need to do what is best for you and your family. Sounds like she had some of her own dreams for the trio.
I bake bread for Mr May and the other teachers. Tell jonathan May how much it means to us that he drives over here twice a week. (It is alot of driving.)
I have not run into anything like this yet but I am sure one day we may.

Prayers
Tara