Author: Breezy Point Mom
•8:54 AM
FOR TODAY... February 15, 2010 9:15 a.m.

Outside my window... calm and clear, not a cloud in the sky this cold morning, 39 degrees.

I am thinking and praying... for our violin teacher, as she attends her mother's funeral today.

I am thankful for... the apparent recovery of our dog from a rough first half of February.

I am wearing... my classic morning cold weather uniform: fleece sleep pants (with snowflakes on them), slippers, a top and sweatshirt layered over it.

I am remembering... years past, when I would watch Olympic figure skaters together with my mother. We always got so excited by it, and it is at times like this that I miss her more.

I am going... to violin competitions for both children this Saturday coming.

I am reading... so many things at once: Shepherding a Child's Heart, Westminster Confession of Faith, Gombrich's Little History of the World, Stott's Basic Christianity.

I am hoping... to hear that our dog's blood workup doesn't signify anything serious.

On my mind... how neat it is that I found two Facebook groups from my hometown: all the people who were my contemporaries at the time, who attended the same schools, had the same teachers, etc. They are sharing memories of life in our town and how it has changed since our youth. As a result, I now have a new Facebook friend who lived two houses away from me when I was very young, and another friend from my school. Have enjoyed the trips down memory lane. I have been very nostalgic about my earlier life, especially since I now live 1000 miles away from my hometown.

From the learning rooms... Sweet Girl has received back her first test packet from her new A.T.S. teacher, with numerous constructive comments. Chips just sent in his first test packet, and is waiting to find out who his teacher will be.

Noticing that... the days are getting longer here, if not any warmer.

Pondering these words... Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me. Psalm 51:10-12

From the kitchen... crock pot chicken and dumplings.

Around the house... frantically sanitized everything over the weekend, on the concern that our dog might have had ringworm! Whereas only time will tell, it appears less likely that that is his problem, and more likely that he has a staph infection.

One of my favorite things... listening to my children pretend in the back seat of the car.

From my picture journal...Mommy, we're cold!


To participate in this meme, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook here.
|
This entry was posted on 8:54 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On February 15, 2010 at 1:57 PM , Tara said...

It is nice to find those old connections on facebook. I do hope your dog gets better real soon and it isn't serious.
The recital at Trinity was the best yet. Had guest Violist Matitiahu Braun. Maybe one of these concerts over there we will meet each other.