Author: Breezy Point Mom
•5:08 PM
February 24, 2010 5:22 p.m.

I just had to share these charming pen drawings, made this week by Sweet Girl, and inspired by Les Jeux Olympiques d'Hiver. I have loved the winter games ever since I was a teenager and had the experience of spending a week in Lake Placid just a few weeks before the 1980 games. Sweet Girl has also caught the fever (or should I say chill?)

She is rooting for Kim Yu-Na because she is from South Korea.


Oh, and I guess I am getting old. Ice Dancing has been my favorite event to watch in these games.



Aerial Skiing





Bobsledding




Downhill Skiing




Ski Jumping




Ice Dancing




Speed Skating




More Downhill Skiing!
This entry was posted on 5:08 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On February 25, 2010 at 9:57 AM , Liz Tolsma said...

Love the pictures. Very cute! And my daughter, too, is rooting for Kim Yu Na, not only because she's from South Korea, but also because she has the same Korean family name. I can't break it to her that LOTS of people in Korea have the family name Kim :)

 
On February 25, 2010 at 8:56 PM , Paula said...

Delightful!

 
On February 27, 2010 at 10:18 PM , 40winkzzz said...

those are fabulous and oh-so-cute. i love 'em! you should have her make a cover with a "title", then take them to an office-supply store and get them spiral-bound into a little book. we just did that today with some cartoon drawings that fuzz made.

we have been enjoying olympics here, too. i must not be so old, because *my* favorite olympic sport is short-track! but i am confused as to how you are watching them. i thought you were tv-free?

 
On March 1, 2010 at 4:24 PM , Linda said...

Beautifully observed! I think 'Eek!' is especially appropriate for arial skiing.
Interesting that except for a male ice dancing partner, all the competitors are women. No gender limitation for your daughter!