Author: Breezy Point Mom
•9:46 PM
FOR TODAY... January 11, 2010 10:13 p.m.

Outside my window... night time, and still very cold here where we live. In fact, this month we have had five nights bottoming out in the 20s, and we have broken four cold temperature records for our county. Super brrrr....

I am thinking and praying... for God's grace as I dig further into the scriptures this year.

I am thankful for... the health and happiness that our family enjoys.

I am wearing... hiking shoes, black sweatpants, a navy blue turtleneck shirt, and an olive drab fleece pullover. This has become my uniform of choice for our chilly house. And believe me, it is wearing thin .... this spending entire days in a state of chilliness.

I am remembering...
our dear violin teacher, who tripped over a bag and took a forward spill at her home today, right after our lesson. She appeared to hit her knee hard. I felt so bad for her, as she is elderly. I must remember to call her tomorrow to check up on her.

I am going... as a family, we plan to go camping this weekend to a local state park.

I am reading... Shepherding a Child's Heart, by Tedd Tripp. This is a book I read long ago, but I felt that I could benefit from reading it again.

I am hoping... that we will not have to have a new roof installed on our house in order to renew our homeowner's insurance. We made the mistake of calling them over the possibility of hail damage, and upon inspection, they instead decided that our roof (therefore home) was no longer fit to be insured by them.

On my mind... figuring out ways to accommodate additional violin practice into our routine to prepare for upcoming competitions.

From the learning rooms... we are moving ahead on our new Calvert lessons. Chips is diving headlong into Fifth Grade, on lesson 5, and Sweet Girl is on lesson 12 of Second Grade.

Noticing that... the older I get, the more that I sense the scarcity of time. When I was young, there seemed to be an abundance of time for everything. Now, I am so aware of its relative shortness and swiftness (compared to all that I want to accomplish).

Pondering these words... Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism, #1)

From the kitchen... rotini pasta and sauce, with Caesar salad.

Around the house... trying my best to keep things tidy around here, now that the Christmas decorations are put away. I have also purchased an organizer to put together for Sweet Girl's bedroom. It will accommodate plenty of books and things.

One of my favorite things... listening to my children pretend in the back seat of the car.

From my picture journal...
Early Valentine's present from Sister to Brother.

To participate in this meme, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook here.
|
This entry was posted on 9:46 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On January 12, 2010 at 8:35 PM , Debbie said...

I can not believe the temps you folks down south have been suffering. Not good at all for the crops I would imagine. We up north expect it this time of year, nothing unusual.

I love the photo...what a sweet picture.

 
On January 16, 2010 at 4:39 AM , Linda said...

Thanks so much for your kind wishes. My Dad is out of the high dependency unit now and attention is turning to his shattered hip joint replacement. There's quite a way to go, but it's so good to have him more like himself.

Hope your camping trip was fun.