Author: Breezy Point Mom
•10:52 PM
January 25, 2010 11:15 p.m.

You know, yesterday, I totally forgot to mention something that happened on our camping trip. The first night we were sleeping in the van, I failed to put my eyeglasses in a "safe enough" place. Turns out, I had them in a soft case, and I must have kicked or squashed the case in my sleep because when I woke up, I found to my dismay that the frames were snapped in two across the bridge.

Darn it. These were my progressives, too. Big :-(




However, I am very thankful that I just so happened to bring my bifocals along as a spare. I don't know why I brought them, I usually wouldn't pack unnecessary extras for a camping weekend, but there they were, and I was extremely grateful. I cannot imagine what it would have been like to camp half-blind.

So Self-Reliant Man said: "Why don't you visit the Zenni Optical website and see whether you can order a replacement frame of the same style as the one you bought from them originally? Then when they arrive, I can install your progressive lenses [which are still in perfect condition] into the new frames?"

So I got on the website and ordered the same frame again, but with a different color (for a change) and they will arrive in a couple of days. They will only cost me $18 shipped.

Another thing, when I originally bought my progressives from Zenni, they cost $69, including $5 shipping and handling. Imagine that price for progressives at a brick- and- mortar optical outlet!

To date, our family has ordered five pairs of eyeglasses from Zenni. We have never been displeased with the quality; in fact, some pairs have been the best glasses we've ever had. You need to read through all the informative material on the website, and place your order very carefully, because you will have to eat your losses if you make a mistake. No matter: just be careful and take your time. And get your PD from your previous optician. They owe you this information anyway.

Need to save money on glasses? I cannot recommend this business highly enough.
This entry was posted on 10:52 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On January 26, 2010 at 9:51 AM , Liz Tolsma said...

Don't you love a bargain?! Hope you're seeing clearly soon again. I'll have to remember that site as I will need bifocals sooner rather than later :(

 
On January 26, 2010 at 11:21 AM , Marjie said...

I just took hubby to get glasses for the first time in forever. He only needs them for driving (and he prefers that I drive), but I have to go for surgery on Thursday, so he's making a couple of trips to the hospital. It cost us $350 for the stinkin' glasses, AFTER they had given us a 30% discount! I was not amused.