Author: Breezy Point Mom
•12:00 PM
September 15, 2009 12:05 p.m.

After our friend Raymond received a heart transplant in early August, he has been in the hospital continuously, and has had a few setbacks, including the need for a pacemaker and kidneys failing to function, but I received a wonderful email from his wife today, and I have to share it here:

Good news to all. I was advised to come back to G____ this morning as there was a possibility of Raymond being discharged today. Well the MD's just came in and he is ready to go, as long as his medications arrive to the hospital. I have a special pharmacy benefit with my insurance for all the specialty drugs that he requires now, so they were going to try and ship them over nite to [the hospital] . As of right now they are not here yet but the day is still young. We will all go to the H*mewood Suit*s here in G____ to live for awhile, as there is intensive therapy that needs to occur almost daily upon discharge. Yesterday he did use the treadmill here at the hospital and he was on it for 9 minutes! I felt that was fantastic. I told Raymond that back at the Suites there are 2 treadmills in the exercise room, so he can take one and I will take the other. We met a gentleman up here at [the hospital] and his wife a few weeks, who is on this email, and he is up and going with his new heart and using the treadmill daily. I know he feels great and he is running his wife ragged. I can not wait, to get Raymond back to be his old self, or new self and run circles around us all. Next week he will be scheduled for his next biopsy, now he is on a two week cycle, and if that is negative then the prednisone can once again be lowered. He looks good, his legs and feet are still a bit swollen but other than that he is ready to go! The MD stated today all his incisions look good, and all his organs are working as they should. Thank the Lord! I will keep you posted on his progress and again, thanks again for all your prayers.
Love June

I just had to share this wonderful news, and I am so happy to receive it before we go away on vacation (and away from the internet the entire time, too).
|
This entry was posted on 12:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: