Author: Breezy Point Mom
•3:49 PM
It has been a long time since I have participated in a good meme. So I thought I would try out this one. This is the way one homeschool mom lives, anyway!

1. Do you cook every night?
I try to cook every week night, and Sunday. Fridays and Saturdays are eat out nights, usually inexpensive fast food or good value sit down.


2. What kind of laundry detergent do you use & why?

Purex Ultra Concentrate Free and Clear, because it is cheap, but mostly because Little Son is not allergic to it (and he has had problems with various laundry soaps).


3. Do you do laundry every day or loads at a time?

My intended schedule is to empty the laundry basket on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Sometimes I get behind and the basket piles up pretty high.


4. How often do you eat out per week?
Two to three times, usually Friday night, Saturday night, and possibly one other lunch or bagel shop breakfast.


5. Where do you usually eat out?
We like P*llo Tropic*l, S*nny's BBQ, B*ston M*rket, and any pizzeria that can remind my of my earlier life in New Jersey. We really liked F*zoli's but it has gone out around here.


6. What is your favorite retail store?

Don't have a "favorite" but I suspect we hit Mal-Wart more than any other.

7. What's your favorite thing to drink?
Diet Dr. Th*nder these days.


8. Do you take vitamins? What kind?

a multi-vitamin, a vitamin E, and a calcium tablet, when I remember.


9. What percentage of the household chores do you do?
75%


10. Do your children do chores? {Or will they, did they, etc}
Yes, they do chores like make their beds, clear the table, feed the dog, wipe down bathroom counter and sink, tidy up their rooms, pick up the living room.

11. Do you go to church?

Yes, we go as a family twice on Sunday, morning and evening.

12. Do you have a housework schedule?
On my good days, I try to follow a Flylady-inspired control journal, although sometimes I just blog instead (like now!)

13. Do you keep a working budget?
We do keep track of our spending, by keeping a log, but have found that we cannot possibly even things out because expenses come up unexpectedly, ALL THE TIME!

14. What do you do at night as a family?
We eat dinner together, clean up, walk the dog, practice violin, read a chapter from a family read- aloud book (currently 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea) and get the kids prepared and into bed. Whew! We don't watch TV at all, and haven't for over six years. Once a week, we watch a N*tflix video, though, as a family.


15. How do you prepare yourself for a new week?
I look over my homeschool materials to see if everything we will need is already there. We just try to relax and enjoy our Sunday as much as we can before it all starts again.

16. What do your mornings look like?
Up by around 6:30, check the computer, walk the dog, then quiet time with Bible, then kids are up and I do catechism/Bible lessons with them. After that, we begin our morning chores together, eat breakfast, and try to begin our homeschool lessons by 9:00 if possible.

17. What time do you get up in the mornings?
6:30, give or take.

18. What time do you go to bed at night?

I try to be in by 11.

19. How do you manage all of the paperwork that floods into your household? {bills, school work, magazines, ads, etc}
I allow piles to build up on our kitchen counter, much as I hate this. Then occasionally, I get disgusted with the appearance of my counter and I get motivated and plow through it all, filing and processing as needed. I try to throw out as much incoming junk mail as possible when it first comes in.

20. How do you keep your household organized? {calendars, charts, etc}
I use a control journal that I created back when I was a Fly Baby. All appointments are written in on a wall calendar. I tried to use a portable written planner this year, but it hasn't stuck.
|
This entry was posted on 3:49 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On September 7, 2009 at 12:26 AM , Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a beautiful blog...love the header...Hope you will stop by and visit my new Christmas blog. There is a great giveaway that ends Monday night...
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com