Author: Breezy Point Mom
•5:20 PM


FOR TODAY September 2, 2009..

Outside my window...well, I can't really see out, since Little Son drew the curtains shut in the middle of the afternoon. It seems he released a Queen butterfly in the family room and was afraid it would injure itself trying to fly through the window.

I am thinking...that I need to prepare a birthday cake for Self-Reliant Man, whose birthday is tomorrow.

I am thankful for...my healthy family.

From the learning rooms...Little Son has written a ghost story as a composition for this week. Baby Girl is reading The Secrets of Droon: Journey to the Volcano Palace. In fact, she is walking around the kitchen right now reading it aloud to anybody who will listen.

From the kitchen...potatoes are boiling for mashed russets, and meatloaf is baking.

I am wearing...my trademark green shorts, striped T shirt, and athletic shoes.

I am creating... an information notebook to take along with us on our camping vacation in a few weeks. It is a three ring binder with maps and printouts from various attractions in the area of Tennessee where we plan to camp. Can't wait!

I am going...on a long camping vacation in Tennessee in a few weeks. We plan to visit Fall Creek Falls, Chattanooga, and Pigeon Forge.

I am reading... Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's, a fascinating read, written by John Elder Robison.

I am hoping... for a miracle of reconciliation with a family member really soon.

I am hearing... Baby Girl is continuing to read her book aloud to her big brother at the kitchen table.

Around the house... we are hoping to have some success with late ripening watermelons in our garden.

One of my favorite things... is when I walk outside with the dog at 6:45 a.m. and I can see the mist rising off the pasture grass in the distance and hear the cicadas fading out for a new day.

A few plans for the rest of the week: looking forward very much to Self-Reliant Man being home for a three day Labor Day weekend.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


To participate in this meme, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook here.
|
This entry was posted on 5:20 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On September 7, 2009 at 10:39 AM , Love Bears All Things said...

Fall Creek Falls is a lovely place. I hope you enjoy your camping trip in Tennessee.
Mama Bear