Author: Breezy Point Mom
•10:15 PM
FOR TOMORROW, September 14, 2009..

Outside my window...it is nighttime, and there are frogs stuck on the outside of my windows, as it has been a rather wet summer.

I am thinking...that I need to step up my time in the Word of God these days. I can use the extra nourishment.

I am thankful for...the opportunity for my children to participate in a children's chorus at church. They had their first rehearsal this afternoon, and they really enjoyed it. My children love to sing, especially Baby Girl.

From the learning rooms...Little Son is 75% through Calvert fourth grade, and Baby Girl is 85% through Calvert first grade. They are eagerly anticipating the long break for our annual family vacation.

From the kitchen...right now, the dishwasher is humming along merrily.

I am wearing...my shortie pjs, as it is about time for bed for me (10:20 p.m. on Sunday night, actually)

I am creating... a packing list for our upcoming camping trip.

I am going...on a long camping vacation in Tennessee beginning this week! We will be sleeping in our van, which we convert for such trips.

I am reading... When the Heart Cries, by Cindy Woodsmall. It is my first time reading Christian fiction that is set in Amish country.

I am praying... for a pleasant, peaceful, and positive visit with my in-laws later this week.

I am hearing... Self-Reliant Man puttering around the kitchen testing out Bic lighters for our possible campfires in much cooler places next week.

Around the house... we are in desperate need of weeding and grass cutting, as the growing of green things has been rather rapid this month.

One of my favorite things... is the happy week of anticipation before a much awaited and longed-for family vacation. Oh wait, that week is now!

I also love stopping to eat at Cracker Barrel when we are on the road, and we will be doing that a few times this month.

A few plans for the rest of the week: take the children to violin lessons and class, and chamber trio practice, and take the children to homeschool P.E. class. Also, figure out where we are going to board our doggie (we truly don't have room for him in the van, nor would we be able to control his barking at any campground). :-(

Here is a picture thought I am sharing......taken the other evening while walking our dog.


To participate in this meme, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook here.
|
This entry was posted on 10:15 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On September 13, 2009 at 11:35 PM , Anonymous said...

Is it wierd that I'm excitied for your long camping vaction.lol My family and I love road trips never been camping but sounds exciting :) Beautiful Picture!

Blessings,Take Care
Eevee

 
On September 14, 2009 at 9:42 AM , Tara said...

We have more in common then you know after reading your daybook. I also live rural on 5 acres. We did have chickens and a pig and at one time 3 horses. We are in the mist of trying to save our mini farm. The construction bubble here in Fla. Luckly I also have a Mr. self reliant man and 5 acres still for him to make it all happen. I see you have the same thingy showing who came to your blog mine Debary, we are near each other. I also have frogs all over due to much rain this year. Lost our garden to all of the rain early on 24+" in a week.
Look forward to seeing your blog more enjoy your camping trip.

 
On September 14, 2009 at 1:55 PM , Liz Tolsma said...

Have a wonderful camping trip. Sounds like fun. Enjoy your book. I love Amish fiction and Cindy Woodsmall is wonderful.