Author: Breezy Point Mom
•8:29 PM
FOR TODAY... December 7, 2009 9:04 p.m.

Outside my window... 68 degrees this evening, and it is dark so I have the curtains closed. If I look in the correct direction, though, I might perhaps be able to see our neighbor's Christmas tree.

I am thinking and praying... five people, now, that I have recently learned are diagnosed with cancer. Four of them are just beginning chemotherapy.

I am thankful for... the many blessing our family has received in 2009.

I am wearing... my snuggly sleep pants and a red short sleeve top. I can't figure out the weather here this month. Warm and humid one day, freezing the next two days, warm and humid the day after, windy and rainy and cold the next day, and so on. How can I know how to dress?

I am remembering... my numb, cold, and sore fingers when I was young and putting out Christmas lights with my father. I do miss him very much at this time of year. He was a lot of fun.

I am going... to finish up Christmas decorating this week, pick up a few things at the store tomorrow while the children are at their P.E. class, and hopefully begin to write and send out Christmas cards.

I am reading... Bud, Not Buddy, by Christopher Paul Curtis. This is our current family read aloud, and we are enjoying it very much. We hope to read aloud A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens next.

I am hoping... for good weather for our camping trip next weekend. Also, for us to make good use of the four weeks ahead of us, our break from homeschooling.

On my mind... nothing very profound; just a mental list of details that I don't want to forget to accomplish during the next few weeks.

From the learning rooms... We are on our "summer break"! Little Son finished up Fourth Grade today and begins four glorious weeks of break time!! Baby Girl will get one more lesson tomorrow, and then she is off for four weeks, too. These are the days we wait for all year long. The most wonderful time of the year!

Noticing that... our children's hearts are full of joy at every detail surrounding Christmas; not just the anticipation of presents, but all the music, decorations, Christmas parties and pageant, and just marveling at all the Christmas lights on people's houses. Little Son is beginning to do his own Christmas shopping, too, even budgeting and spending his own money on a small gift for everyone in the family.

Pondering these words... "He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD." Psalm 113:9

From the kitchen... Nothing much today, just spaghetti, sauce, and salad.

Around the house... gradually putting up Christmas decorations. When I was younger, I always dreamed of having the Ultimate Christmas House. But now that I am older, I am dismayed at the inflated price of everything Christmas. So I am learning to be content with the tree, decorations, and lights that we have.

Also, I am learning to "let go" and "let kids" do the outside lights as they see fit! Not as easy as it sounds.

One of my favorite things... when the children joyfully sing Christmas carols around the house.

From my picture journal...

Breezy Point sunrise


To participate in this meme, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook here.
|
This entry was posted on 8:29 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On December 8, 2009 at 12:27 AM , Season of Life said...

Lovely picture of the mossy oak sunrise ~ reminds me of growing up in the country. Very peaceful.

We just attended a Youth Orchestra concert this evening ~ strings ~ how the notes roll off of them. Our second son plays the cello and really wants to learn the violin at the same time. :-)

Merry Christmas!