Author: Breezy Point Mom
•8:07 PM
December 7, 2009 8:22 p.m.

I am very excited to report that we are going to the Mouse House next weekend!

Our next scheduled camping trip is going to be at a celebrated campground on the property of a certain popular tourist destination near us.

Mind you, even though we live just one hour away, we have not been inside the gates of the Mouse House in eight years. In fact, Baby Girl has never been there. Little Son was too little to remember his last visit there.

Yes, we are camping at F*rt Wild*rness for three nights in a row, and the second evening we are taking the children into the Mouse House to enjoy the Mouse's Mery Verry Party of the Christmas season.

Yes, I am excited to finally be taking the children here, and I can think of no better time of the year to visit.

You see, I retired from my career as senior electrical engineer at the Mouse House two days before we met Little Son on the other side of the world and became parents. But that's a story for another time. When I retired, I had a very small stash of free tickets for visiting the Mouse House whenever we wanted. A very, very small stash, which was used up by the time Little Son turned two years old. And believe me, the Mouse House has not gotten any cheaper over the years since.

Now I am not going to go into, at this point, all the whys and wherefores explaining why we have not chosen to take the children there in all these years. Suffice it to say that we have had our reasons, but this year, we felt that it was finally time to introduce them to this place.

So we will spend most of the time enjoying the activities at the Mouse House Campground, after which we will hop around the property checking out the extensive Christmas decorations, and going to the Christmas party itself.

It will be fun reporting on this in the days that follow!

... and yes, I certainly have some interesting stories from my experience as a Cast Member working in engineering at the Mouse House. I will have to share a couple of those some time.
This entry was posted on 8:07 PM and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On December 8, 2009 at 1:39 PM , Heidi said...

I was surprised to see THIS post on YOUR blog. I remember when we first "met", you told me that you were staying away from Disney! I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit. Fort Wilderness looks like lots of fun - we visited friends there this past January and I think you could stay there and never go to the park(s) and still have plenty of Disney fun!