Author: Breezy Point Mom
•4:46 PM
FOR TODAY... December 28, 2009 5:14 p.m.

Outside my window... very windy and crystal clear blue sky, Spanish moss blowing diagonally beneath the oak trees, and heading for a low temperature of 37 degrees overnight tonight. This is a respectable temperature, indeed, for where we live. Brrrr....

I am thinking and praying... giving thanks for the blessed year our family has had, and seeking mercy and blessing from the Lord for those we know and love who have had a difficult year.

I am thankful for... peace and contentment in our family during this Christmas season.

I am wearing... hiking shoes, Levis jeans, a plum colored henley shirt, and an olive drab fleece pullover. In other words, my trademark outfit for when the house is chilly (< 70 degrees).

I am remembering... how my kind next door neighbor sewed and personalized Christmas stockings for all four of us a few years ago. I will always think of her when we hang them up.

I am going... this week to see two best friends, and their children, if all works out as I hope.

I am reading... I am David by Ann Holm, a book I recommended to Little Son, who enjoyed it very much. Now I am intrigued by it, so I am reading it myself. I also hope to begin the Bible-in-a-year plan this Friday. We are between family read-aloud books, but will begin The House of Sixty Fathers, by Meindert DeJong, shortly.

I am hoping... that my husband is able to return home a little earlier than usual each day he is at work this week. He expects fewer people at the office this week. And maybe..... just maybe...... he will be in the mood to build a fire in the fireplace this evening???

On my mind... a dental crown in my mouth, top front and center, that I am afraid will fail soon. I have only had the crown a year, but I don't think the tooth holding it in is going to stay. Long story.... Maybe I am going to need a bridge, or an implant, in the not too distant future. I hope not.

From the learning rooms... just one more week of "summer break" is left. Little Son is gearing up to begin Calvert's Fifth Grade next Monday, and Baby Girl will continue with Calvert's Second Grade. I hope to neaten and organize the learning room before it all begins again.

Noticing that... for some reason I am more keenly aware of the short daytime hours than I have ever been. Nevertheless, it truly is my favorite time of the year.

Pondering these words... words that were written inside a Christmas card we received:

This Christmas Season and in the new year,
may you rest in the deep assurance
that in knowing Him you have everything.


From the kitchen... leftover Sicilian pizza - yummm!

Around the house... I am trying to make the best use of the free time I have this week to organize closets and cabinets to accommodate new Christmas gifts, as well as find items that can be passed along. I actually love this task..

One of my favorite things... sitting in my chair while a fire blazes in the fireplace, and surrounded by the multi-colored glow of the Christmas lights on the mantle, around the doorways, on the tree, and around the window seat. Also, the smell of evergreen that accompanies the fresh wreath on the inside of my front door.

From my picture journal...
Baby Girl loves her dresses.

To participate in this meme, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook here.
|
This entry was posted on 4:46 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On December 28, 2009 at 6:38 PM , Paula said...

Lots of neatening and organizing going on around here. We'll be starting school again next week as well--although we've had a much longer break. I don't think we've done much schoolwork since the beginning of October when I started feeling oh-so-pregnant... I'm into the second trimester and doing much better now.

Baby Girl is beautiful in her dress.

 
On December 28, 2009 at 8:35 PM , Heather Anne said...

We decided on half days of school for this week since we had some illness before Christmas that sort of slowed us up! I enjoyed my visit to your blog - your children are precious!