Author: Breezy Point Mom
•10:37 PM
December 7, 2009 8:02 p.m.

The Christmas season often brings a range of emotions to me as my present day life mixes with the memories of Christmases past. I have a wonderful new life with my immediate family of four, yet I can't forget the wonderful life of my past, with family members who are either deceased, or living a thousand miles away. And there are those childhood Christmas experiences we all had, both good and bad, that can never be repeated again, remake the same impression on our hearts, or be experienced ever again in the same way.

As we have entered this final crescendo of 2009, I realize how truly blessed our family has been this year. While nothing especially dramatic or tremendous has occurred, we have experienced God's common grace in all areas of our lives. Many friends and acquaintances are struggling with tough situations around us, and these things just serve to remind me all the more of our blessings.

Which brings me to yesterday, a day of special blessing. Yesterday's worship service at church was completely beautiful, in an unexpected way. The music, the choir, the organ, the prayers -- seemed especially ethereal to me, filling me with happiness as I reflected on all our blessings this year.

To top it off, our children were participants in a lovely Christmas pageant yesterday afternoon. I had an opportunity to help with this, being in charge of the seven wise men (who said there had to be three?) and providing some of the refreshments. Considering that we are still pretty new to this church, one nice part was that the other ladies who were helping out made me feel like an old friend and not like the new mom in town, as we met the challenge of being sure that Joseph and Mary were available when they were needed in the program, as well as dozens of adorable sheep, shepherds, and angels. And the fact that my wise men were perfect gentlemen, both on and off stage (well, most of the time, anyway) was nothing short of miraculous.

It was a beautiful children's Christmas pageant, in a beautiful setting, with help from some very talented people. I was thankful that we could be part of everything at church yesterday, and the entire day placed a song of happiness in my heart.

I forgot (AGAIN!) my camera, so I hope to get some photos from others to post really soon. It was a beautiful day!
This entry was posted on 10:37 PM and is filed under , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: