Author: Breezy Point Mom
•11:34 PM
On account of this post of a month ago, some of my faithful readers and friends have inquired about Baby Girl's eyesight. I apologize for not updating this topic earlier.

It turns out I have not taken her to the optometrist. Since she has a history of causing me to take her to the doctor on false alarms, I decided to sit tight in this case and try to make my own surreptitious observations of her reading and eyesight habits without talking about it.

It turns out I have several times caught her in the act of easily reading books and signs from both near and far distances. In fact, I confess, I even set her up a couple of times to determine this (i.e. the time she was reading the book to her daddy, and daddy moved the book away from her so he could "see the pictures better" and she kept on reading just fine).

So, I firmly believe that Baby Girl has good eyesight, and that this matter can wait until our regular eye appointment in July.

Thank you for asking!
This entry was posted on 11:34 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On March 26, 2009 at 5:32 PM , Marjie said...

I just caught up with your last week's worth of posts. Happy Birthday to Baby Girl, and I'm so glad for her that she probably doesn't need glasses. It is bittersweet to take away the baby and toddler items, isn't it? You'd think after 9 kids, I'd be over it, but I would love love love to have the baby days back....

Great news on your violin lesson savings, too. It's wonderful that your son enjoys them so. How is he doing with 4th grade?

 
On March 31, 2009 at 8:56 PM , Lisa said...

Sounds like Baby Girl has perfect eyesight. I waited until my boys were 11 and 8 to take them to the eye doctor, as I was hoping some of their vision would improve naturally. However, our older son was squinting and the younger one couldn't see the clock in the kitchen, so they both needed glasses. Their vision isn't too bad though, as they can still play sports without them.