Author: Breezy Point Mom
•10:24 PM

Sunday was Baby Girl's Sixth birthday. She was very excited, although we had nothing special planned, but she did get to go to a birthday party for a little three year old boy near us who has the same birthday.

Baby Girl can be amazingly self-effacing for a young child. The entire time she was at the little boy's party, she never mentioned to anybody that it was her birthday, too.

After that, we wanted to know what she wanted to do for birthday dinner. She wanted to go to a local pizzeria; you know, the kind that reminds Mommy of her younger days in New Jersey. That's my girl!

Funny thing was that she selected a white pizza covered with spinach. It was probably Self-Reliant Man's last choice when it comes to pizza, but he accepted it with good cheer (just picked all the green stuff off onto his plate).

One of the highlights of the day was the Bitty Baby doll that she received from her "Mimi". She hasn't stopped playing with it since.

She also received a girl's hardcover Bible, too. She has really been checking that out since Sunday as well, especially all the memory verses that it highlights throughout.

Big girl bedroom furniture is on its way, and I cannot wait until we receive it. Yet, it is bittersweet for me to remove all the baby and toddler furnishings. Sigh...

I still cannot believe she is six. As I was kissing her goodnight at the end of the day, I asked her, since she is now an official "Medium-Sized Girl", can I still call her "Baby Girl"?

Of course, being who she is, she nodded "Yes". Thank goodness. I will never ever stop wanting to call her "Baby Girl".
This entry was posted on 10:24 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On March 28, 2009 at 5:37 PM , Letitia said...

LOL. I still call my 19 and 22 year olds "baby girl". The 19 year old because she was the baby girl for 8 years. The 22 year old because, well...she's my first born, my baby girl! Does a mother have to make sense?!
I hope your baby girl had a great day. Sounds like she did.
I'm glad the violin lessons are working out for everyone.