Author: Breezy Point Mom
•6:33 AM

My baking is done. I have made seven different treats. They are:

Pistachio Bars;

Almond Bars;

Tropical Lime Oat Bars;

Praline Sugar Cookies;

Candy Cane Cookies;

Snickerdoodle Pinwheels; and last, but certainly not least,

Double Chocolate Espresso Bars!!

Ostensibly, I made these treats to eat and share with friends.

But you know, and I know, that it was really to post their pictures on the blog!

In addition, the children are in three performances this year. Last Sunday, they played violin for our church Christmas Fellowship night, and Baby Girl participated in a lovely girls' dance performance to "Away in a Manger".

Today, both children will be performing Christmas songs on violin in a group for a local Rotary club.

On Christmas Eve, the children will be in a Christmas Pageant titled "The Mystery of the Manger" where they don't have any speaking parts, but will be in the singing groups.

The challenge is in keeping them healthy for all these events. Little Son developed a cold on Thursday evening, and I have my doubts about Baby Girl right now. She was complaining of the same symptoms last night.

But otherwise, shopping, wrapping, and baking are essentially finished, and this girl can coast the rest of the way.

Coming up ... this blog's 100th post.
This entry was posted on 6:33 AM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On December 22, 2008 at 9:51 AM , 40winkzzz said...

I love the word "ostensibly". :-)

100 posts? Wow! I didn't think you'd been blogging all that long and sure enough, according to your archives list it's only been 6 mos. Not bad! I've been blogging just over 2 yrs and have somewhere around 250 posts, so you are almost twice as prolific as I am!

 
On December 22, 2008 at 12:45 PM , Marjie said...

Try Zicam or coldeeze for the kids; it really does help, and it's just zinc, no pharmaceuticals. I'm not fanatic, just careful with kids. Your baking is so pretty! Merry Christmas to all of you!