Author: Breezy Point Mom
•4:30 PM

I saw this photo and caption on Hands Raised to Heaven blog today.

"Furah carries wood and her eighteen-month-old daughter Shukyru, on the road linking Rupango to Sake, eastern Congo, Wednesday Nov. 19, 2008. Furah walks the 16 kms every day, crossing from the CNDP rebel controlled area to the government held town of Sake to sell wood.” (AP Photo/Jerome Delay)
All I can say is that the Lord has often witnessed me me whining and complaining about my relatively measly mommy and wife "to do" list .....
and ......
at the same time,
simultaneously,
He sees this woman, and so many others like her, going about their daily survival "to do" list.
I have no clue. Everything I think, feel, do and say, is not only "filthy rags", but is done out of a completely limited, out of touch, self-centered perspective. I have no idea, no concept of what people go through until I see glimpses like this. And then all too quickly, the picture fades from my memory.
Sixteen kilometers per day in the blazing heat, and I complain when I can't get a close parking spot at the supermarket. When I don't get any "me" time all day (I see why it is called "me" time). When I complain about having to clean up the kitchen, again.
How great is His mercy and grace toward us!
|
This entry was posted on 4:30 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On December 10, 2008 at 5:06 PM , Paula said...

Thank you for sharing. We need these reminders.

 
On December 10, 2008 at 11:39 PM , 40winkzzz said...

Interesting that you should post this today. Just last night I read a post on my cousin Jesse's blog that got me thinking along similar lines. He & his wife are serving as missionaries in Uganda, so of course the perspective they offer makes one start thinking about these sorts of things... I am considering whether to link to his post from my blog or to just copy & paste it entirely!

 
On December 29, 2008 at 1:16 AM , Azalea Lilac said...

It is good for us to get reminded of what others must face...and to be thankful instead of whining...Thanks for stopping by my blog!