Author: Breezy Point Mom
•8:32 AM
In late September, I administered the Iowa Test of Basic Skills to Little Son. It was his first experience with any standardized test. I wanted to do this because, well, although I suspected he was doing very well, I like to have evidence of it for his homeschool file.

Since we begin our school year in January, rather than September, he was nearing the end of third grade when he took this test. He took the Third Grade test. However, since he took the test in September, they compared his score to a national norm of Fourth Graders in their first month. I guess that was the best they could do.

We got the results back last week and his composite score was 93rd percentile. Reading was 97th percentile, Language was 89th percentile, Math was 73rd percentile. Other scores added into the composite as well, including Science and Social Studies. We are very pleased with this and happy to keep this in his file.

I do not report this to brag about Little Son's progress. But I do give a lot of credit to Calvert School. This curriculum is just amazing to me, and I would be helpless without it. So this is my small way of getting the word out about Calvert, in case anyone is searching and interested.

I also think that, just in case our national environment becomes less homeschool friendly in the future, it is a good thing to have standardized test results in your child's file. Just my opinion, for what its worth.
|
This entry was posted on 8:32 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On November 6, 2008 at 4:15 PM , Marjie said...

Our school district administers the standardized tests. It's one of only 2 requirements to homeschool - the other being that we present them with a portfolio of work at the end of the year. Calvert daily work folder plus Calvert test folder plus transcript equals awed school administrators. Our standardized test results are exemplary, too! I also credit Calvert for making my life easy.

 
On November 10, 2008 at 2:53 PM , Miekie said...

It's nice to know where your child is at isn't it?