Author: Breezy Point Mom
•10:13 PM

April 9. 2011 10:13 p.m.

Today is the fifth day of Sweet Girl’s pneumonia symptoms.  Unfortunately, things aren’t turning peachy as quickly as we expected it would back on day three.  She is still having her ups and her downs in terms of energy level.  I am trying to respect her condition and get her to rest as much as possible, even when she doesn’t feel like it.  This is not easy to do with an eight year old who is as physically active as Sweet Girl.  This evening was the first time we took her out in public since Tuesday.  A meal at Z*xby’s, a short supermarket trip.  It wiped her out.  We will have to take it more slowly, I think.  Please keep her in prayer for a rapid and solid recovery, and that we will have wisdom in how and when to reintroduce her ordinary activities.  We haven’t expected violin practice all week, and we did just a half a school lesson on Friday, but even this proved to be too taxing.  Much of the time she feels okay, but she goes through periods of feeling tired at various points in the day.  

She has been watching a lot of videos, and reading a lot of books all week long.  Funny videos tend to make her cough.  This is probably a good thing, no? (to clear out the lungs.)

I had pneumonia when I was in fourth grade, and I don’t remember how long it took to get over it.  I just remember it was December, up north, cold and dry, and I did not have to go to school for a long time.  One week?  Two?  I just don’t remember.

|
This entry was posted on 10:13 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On April 10, 2011 at 7:34 AM , Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Yuck. I'm sorry my friend. I'll be praying for her to heal quickly.
HUGS
Kim

 
On April 13, 2011 at 4:48 PM , Marjie said...

Ryan was down basically all of last December with pneumonia. It was not a happy time. I hope your daughter fares better than my boy did.

 
On April 18, 2011 at 4:50 PM , Linda said...

Hoping health and spirits are improving. Thinking about you all.