Author: Breezy Point Mom
•1:44 PM

FOR TODAY... March 24, 2010 3:56 p.m.

Outside my window... it is shaping up to be a nearly perfect day, mostly sunny and highs in the mid 70s. I am convinced that 77 degrees is the temperature of heaven, you know.

I am thinking and praying... for a friend who needs encouragement and wisdom as she figures out how best to help her son who is having trouble in school. He is actually asking her to homeschool.

I am thankful for... the fact that my husband was not injured in an auto accident yesterday. Only his car is injured. It could have been much worse!

I am wearing... loose fitting jeans and a sweatshirt.

I am remembering... what it felt like to begin a diet three years ago, in which I lost over 30 pounds. Now I am beginning again, except it is just 10 pounds this time.

Also, I am remember last Friday's wonderful Dinner Theatre, in which our children were able to perform two numbers from The Sound of Music. It was wonderful!
I am going... to the Violin Concerto District Competition for the CFMTA (local chapter of a national music teachers' association). It will be bright and early Saturday morning at a local college campus. Chips knows who he will be competing against, and he is working hard!

I am reading... Stott's Basic Christianity, for me, and Barrie's Peter Pan, to my family. Also, Created for Work by Bob Schultz as an after dinner read aloud. In other words, no changes since last week.

I am hoping... for positive answers to prayer for a host of people we are praying for these days. Trying to pray faithfully.

On my mind... very disturbed by this week's legislation. I am afraid it will be looked upon one day as a watershed moment in our country, and for very bad reasons.

From the learning rooms... Chips just completed another work packet ("test") to send in to his Calvert teacher. Before placing it into the envelope, I showed it to Self-Reliant Man last night. Both of us are amazed at what Chips is capable of doing now. Wasn't he just a baby a few months ago??

Noticing that... winter is gradually losing its grip on our state, even though it was still 48 degrees here this morning, just one week before April!

Pondering these words... We cross the threshold of the secular to the sacred, from the common to the uncommon, from the profane to the holy. . . This appears on the bulletin cover where we worship, drawing our attention to our need to put aside the distractions of the world during worship in order to properly fix our eyes on the One Who is to be worshiped.
From the kitchen... Wild Rice Soup with chilled canteloupe and pita crisps.

Around the house... Self-Reliant Man did some roof repairs last week (while I "spotted" him), and this coming weekend he may get a chance to caulk the chimney. Now, of course, he is considering what to do with his damaged car. It depends on what the insurance company will pay us.

One of my favorite things... early dawn country mist on our pasture, accompanied by the sound of roosters and woodpeckers.

From my picture journal...

Dinner Theatre Night!

To participate in this meme, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook here.
|
This entry was posted on 1:44 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On March 25, 2010 at 3:45 AM , Linda said...

Best wishes for the violin competition. And so sorry to hear about your husband's car.

 
On March 25, 2010 at 8:15 PM , Tara said...

Praise God your husband is OK. Good luck to Chip at the competition.