Author: Breezy Point Mom
•4:47 PM
FOR TODAY... March 17, 2010 4:49 p.m.

Outside my window... overcast and cool. It never got out of the 60s today. You can tell winter is coming...

(That last sentence was meant to be a joke. I do very much live in the northern hemisphere.)

I am thinking and praying... for an extended family member who is fighting off sepsis right now.

I am thankful for... the saving faith of my children.

I am wearing... fleece pants and a sweatshirt. I haven't been able to wear anything else for the past 5 months!

I am remembering... what a beautiful morning it was last Saturday at the children's fishing tournament. We didn't get so much as a nibble, but plenty of fish were caught.

I am going... to see our children perform a number from The Sound of Music with the children's chorus at a fund raising dinner Friday evening. Dress rehearsal is tomorrow. I am thankful that they can enjoy these experiences. We have had happily singing children in our home for weeks now.

I am reading... Stott's Basic Christianity, for me, and Barrie's Peter Pan, to my family. Also, Created for Work by Bob Schultz as an after dinner read aloud.

I am hoping... that our dog's back leg issues improve without me having to spend too much more money on Deramaxx. Wow!

On my mind... Everything. My mind is so scattered these days. In fact, it has been difficult for me to keep it focused enough to construct a blog post. "Disjointed" is the best word I can think of.

From the learning rooms... I can't believe the children have learned 39 questions and answers from the Westminster Shorter Catechism. With all the work I have been doing with them, I have only learned one answer! New brain cells vs. Old brain cells.

Noticing that... this is a cool brisk Saint Patrick's Day today. The kind I remember from when I lived in New Jersey. The kind where I have to wear a green SWEATER, not just a green T-shirt, as I could have these past 15 years. This year is different. This year is the Endless Winter.

Pondering these words..."The joy of the LORD is your strength. [Nehemiah 8:10b]. Holy joy will be oil to the wheels of our obedience." quotation from Matthew Henry's Commentary.

From the kitchen... Mexican Chicken Skillet with yellow rice and sauteed zucchini. A friend introduced me to E-Mealz . This is something new for our family because for the past 3 years or so we have referred to recipes from Leanne Ely's "Saving Dinner" . We are in our second week of E-Mealz recipes, and Self-Reliant Man has enjoyed nearly every one. I can't say that the meals are healthier than Leanne's (they're probably not!) but they are easier to prepare and easier on the wallet so we will be using them here for a little while, anyway.

Around the house... Self-Reliant Man needs to make some minor repairs to our roof, but there is never a good day to do it. The weather simply won't cooperate on those rare Saturdays when nothing else has been already scheduled.

One of my favorite things... listening to my children pray each morning.


From my picture journal......



To participate in this meme, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook here.
|
This entry was posted on 4:47 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: