Author: Breezy Point Mom
•12:08 PM
October 19, 2009 12:38 p.m.

FOR TODAY...October 19th

Outside my window... picture perfect weather, 65 degrees , clear blue sky, windows wide open. This is what I wait for all summer long!

I am thinking... that this cool season, just beginning, will be easier and more pleasant than last year, since there is not a major project to be done (see earlier post on tractor engine rebuild).

I am thankful for... my children's love of learning and their enthusiasm about everyday life.

I am wearing... dark blue twill pants, athletic shoes, striped shirt, and a snuggly fleece pullover that was a souvenir from Fall Creek Falls and that I was longing to be able to wear.

I am remembering... the adoption of Little Son in Ho Ch* Minh City, Vi*tnam, which occurred nine years ago this week.

I am going... to plan a fun Saturday activity for the family, to celebrate Little Son's adoption day.

I am reading... When the Soul Mends, third in a series by Cindy Woodsmall, but I have not gotten very far into it, yet. We also are approaching the end of our family read-aloud, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, by Jules Verne.

I am praying... for friends near and far who are experiencing all kinds of illnesses, both routine and quite serious.

On my mind... and this is a happy thing: the joy that the children have in finally being part of a children's choir.

From the learning rooms... Little Son is learning how to add fractions with unlike denominators, and Calvert has made this task very painless (much better than I remember when I learned it as a child). Baby Girl is in the First Grade home stretch (I can't believe it!) and the children are on question 23 of the Westminster Shorter Catechism.

Noticing that... despite our attempts to live simply, we continue to spend just about everything we earn and we need to find other areas to cut back.

Pondering these words... "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?" Matthew 16:24-26.

From the kitchen... potato and corn chowder is cooking in the slow cooker, and it will be served up with grilled cheese sandwiches for supper when we return from violin lessons today.

Around the house... are the same papers covering the counter that were there last Monday, I think. Only there are now more of them. I need to make it a bigger priority to sort through this stuff.

One of my favorite things... is having all the windows open throughout the house with gentle cool breezes flowing!

From my picture journal...

To participate in this meme, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook here.
|
This entry was posted on 12:08 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On October 21, 2009 at 1:59 AM , Linda said...

What is it about papers that just makes them take root where they're put down? Our dining room table is covered - with neat piles to be sure, but no-one could dine off it!

How good that your children are part of a choir. Did you know that there's now song in the Suzuki family of 'instruments'? It started in Finland, and is making progress in South America. We saw the Finnish group at the world convention in 2006 - they wore their Finnish national costume, and one of the teachers was singing with her wee baby in her arms. It was very lovely. See http://www.suzukivoice.com/english/index.html