Author: Breezy Point Mom
•8:43 AM
October 13, 2009 9:12 a.m.

FOR YESTERDAY...October 12th from Peggy's Daybook

Outside my window... Crystal clear blue sky and 75 degrees, heading for a high temperature in the 90s again.

I am thinking... that we are in the home stretch with the children's lesson work, and I am looking forward to their completion of grades 1 and 4 (within a month or two)!

I am thankful for... our family combatting and surviving H1N1 flu, and hopefully putting that chapter behind me (and hoping that I still don't get it).

I am wearing... khaki pants with drawstring waist, and a turquoise golf shirt.

I am remembering... my junior high, high school, and college years due to the new radio station that plays old songs from the 1970s and 1980s.

I am going... to take Little Son and Baby Girl to "Saints": the homeschool Phys. Ed. program that they love so much. This should be the last "hot" week for the season.

I am reading... nearly finished reading When the Morning Comes by Cindy Woodsmall, and thoroughly enjoying it.

I am praying... for renewal of heart, and the desire to make my life a living sacrifice of gratitude to the Lord.

On my mind... that we must prepare the children for various violin performances coming up in the next month: one at a nursing home, one at a celebration dinner for the 30th anniversary of the music school

From the learning rooms... Little Son is on lesson 132 in Calvert's fourth grade, and Baby Girl is on lesson 145 in Calvert's first grade. Lessons are going smoothly these days. We also began again our catechism lessons after taking a break from them over the vacation / flu interlude.

Noticing that... the weather is on the cusp of becoming cool and autumn-like. This always happens on or around October 15th, and I find myself counting the days until this week arrives. Beginning with this Friday, we are entering a sixth month period of cooler, more comfortable weather that I look forward to very much each year.

Pondering these words... "He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to His own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit" Titus 3:5.

From the kitchen... Pork chops sauteed with glazed pears for supper tonight

Around the house... is clutter, clutter, everywhere. I need to get motivated to pick things up soon.

One of my favorite things... is eating supper out at the breezeway table when the weather is cool and crisp.

From my picture journal...
To participate in this meme, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook here.
|
This entry was posted on 8:43 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On October 13, 2009 at 3:41 PM , Marjie said...

You're moving right along with your school lessons! I'm sure it feels good to know you'll be free and clear for the holidays. It's wonderful that your kids are getting ready for the violin performances, and that they enjoy it so much. enjoy the end of your summer weather.