Author: Breezy Point Mom
•6:11 PM
October 8, 2009 6:28 p.m.

This flu is keeping me guessing. Little Son seems to be all over it, since Tuesday morning, except for an occasional cough.

I really thought that Baby Girl was over it as of Tuesday morning, just like her brother. Except her temperature never really went all the way back to normal: it kept hovering in the 99 degree range. Also, she was complaining about pain in the back of her neck and legs. But she was okay, otherwise.

Now today, she is coughing more, and ba-da-boom, she has a fever again, up to 102 at times. Combined with a headache, it was enough to make her very miserable this afternoon. But now it is over four hours since a dose of acetaminophen and she seems much better. Called the doctor's office, and they told me that many kids' bodies are taking as long as seven days to fully get rid of the virus. We are only on day five, so I will not jump in the car and bring her back to the doctor yet. Other than her frequent cough, she doesn't appear to have any breathing problems.

Self-Reliant Man, although he keeps going to work, has reported to me all the classic symptoms of the flu except fever.

As for me, I have managed to escape this illness so far, and I am extremely thankful for that.


I have to close by saying that even our state has the flu. It is experiencing a fever as well. Here it is, early October, and the temperatures topped out in the mid nineties again. Surely this cannot last much longer...... can it?

I am so ready for autumn to begin.
This entry was posted on 6:11 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On October 8, 2009 at 7:59 PM , Sandy said...

What is this autumn of which you speak? It was in the 90's here today as well. I took ds to the doctor Saturday, came home with the diagnosis of an ear infection and a prescription for the usual antibiotic. And yet, we have missed an entire week of school because of coughing, sore throat, a fever that comes and goes and just generally feeling tired and crummy. The fever is finally gone, but I've never had it take so long with just an ear infection. Camping for this weekend had to be cancelled. We're doubling up on healing scriptures and vitamin C.

 
On October 9, 2009 at 12:21 PM , Tara said...

That snake is a corn snake. I do pray your house will be well again soon. My son was at the dr with swelling and rash and congestion. Allegic reaction to something not sure what. He is on the Nebulizer every 4 hours. Antibiotic and steriod. Be glad when the weather finially changes. This time of year in Fl is rough on my two of my four.
Blessings

 
On October 11, 2009 at 3:09 AM , Linda said...

Oh dear, that does sound like a double affliction - flu and high outdoor temperatures. I hope that your children are on the mend soon.