Author: Breezy Point Mom
•7:25 AM
THEME:
Since I’ve been making you work really hard on the previous Memoir themes I decided to take a little break, and do something fun! This week I want to invite you to share a few of your favourite things.


My favorite things, my favorite things... That would have to be...

  • mountains. All kinds of mountains, but most especially the ones I've seen in western Canada.
  • crisp, cool Fall days like I remember them up North. A deep blue sky as a background, contrasting with shimmering bright sunlit golden or red leaves in the foreground. What a feast that was for my eyes, and we don't have that where I live.
  • exploring, by foot or car, roads that meander through the woods in places I've never been before. I have a perpetual wander lust.
  • pastoral scenes set before me. Rolling hills, barns, cows, wildflowers, dry breezes.
  • snuggling with my children whenever I get a chance.
  • hugging my DH when he gets home from work.
  • fires in the fireplace, especially when that fireplace is surrounded by Christmas decorations.
  • driving around to gaze at Christmas lights in local neighborhoods.
  • the way the world seems lit up the night after a significant snowfall, the crunchy hush that has fallen over the area, and the steamy breath that escapes my mouth (uh, can you tell that I'd rather not be in Florida yet?)
  • Yellowstone National Park.
  • sitting on my porch rocking chair watching my children play.
  • reading and discussion Scripture with my little people in the morning.
  • meeting other homeschool moms, either in person, or online.
  • spending time with my closest friends.
  • camping in any campground that has hot running water. Setting up our cozy campsite, and then traipsing around the campground checking out everybody else's unique setup.
  • early mornings spent while camping.
  • reading aloud good literature to my family.
  • when the grass is all cut and looks good.
  • listening to an incredible violin concerto on stage, DVD, or radio.
  • watching and listening to my own kids play their violins on stage. The fruit of all the hard work of the past several months.
  • finding an unexpected, friendly email in my inbox.
  • celebrating milestones achieved in our homeschool by going out for ice cream.
  • getting that new Calvert box from a UPS truck for the next grade level.
  • long road trips riding in our van and reading books to the captive audience in the back seat.
  • Saturdays.
I thought I would have trouble with this, but once I got started, the images just flowed. What fun!
|
This entry was posted on 7:25 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 comments:

On September 17, 2008 at 8:12 AM , SmallWorld at Home said...

I think you sound like someone I would love to hang out with! My list was more homeschooling oriented, but had I written a more "life-oriented" list, it would have included many of the things you listed!

 
On September 17, 2008 at 11:07 AM , Daddy's Chick's said...

LOL: camping in any campground that has hot running water. AMEN sister! Thanks for sharing your list!

 
On September 17, 2008 at 1:25 PM , Miss Jocelyn said...

Hi there!
I'm sorry I didn't make it clear in my post, but I wanted everyone to copy the list I made and post their favourite homeschool links under each category.

I've edited the post and hope I haven't confused too many! LOL

Also I think there must be something going on with the Mr. Linky site because no linkys will show up on any blogs. Please keep checking back here to leave your #5 post!

Blessings!
Miss Jocelyn

 
On September 17, 2008 at 1:37 PM , Marjie said...

We're starting to have those fall days here, although no color changes are scheduled until October or so. Because, of course, I can schedule the trees in my yard - HA!

I love Saturdays, too, and time with my kids. On my birthday last year, every one of the college kids called me. I spent 5 hours on the phone. I guess they like me too *bursting with pride*!

 
On September 17, 2008 at 5:43 PM , Chocolateer said...

This is a beautiful list! I feel like I've taken a mini-vacation just reading it :) Your images are wonderful.

<3
Sunny
www.hot-fudge-oracle.blogspot.com

 
On September 18, 2008 at 5:34 PM , momtofivekids said...

I loved reading your list!

 
On September 20, 2008 at 6:00 PM , Sherry said...

Love your list! I absolutely love fall. I just saw today the hint of it at the top of a tall tree. I got so tickled! :D