Author: Breezy Point Mom
•9:26 PM

June 4, 2011 9:26 p.m.

I definitely have fifth disease.  There is now no question in my mind.  Yes, I have quite a bit of fatigue, and there is some rash and itching, but another disturbing symptom is that I have aching, swollen joints, especially my hands and knees.  I did some reading online and discovered that this usually resolves in a week or two, but in some cases can last for months or more!  I must be among the 50% of adults who has not developed immunity to this virus.

Another thing is that Chips is noticing a rash on himself and feeling swelling in his feet.  Three of us in the family, and each of us have a different manifestation.   (Sweet Girl seems to have bounced back completely, thank goodness).  I feel the worst of the bunch.  Please pray that this virus resolves quickly for me.  The thought of functioning for a long time with this amount of fatigue and aching is a very unpleasant one.

|
This entry was posted on 9:26 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On June 5, 2011 at 6:37 AM , Linda said...

Oh poor you! All of you! It must be so tiring also to be keeping on top of your vacuuming and flea-ridding measures. Thinking of you.

 
On June 7, 2011 at 1:39 PM , Sarah said...

I hope you are all well soon!

 
On June 7, 2011 at 4:16 PM , Marjie said...

I hope you're feeling a little better now! It would be nice if you recover as quickly as your daughter did.

 
On June 7, 2011 at 11:27 PM , Mrs. Random said...

:(

I've never had fifth disease, but when I was a preschool teacher, a coworker got it when it went through the school. Sorry to hear you are down with it!