Author: Breezy Point Mom
•5:49 PM

June 28, 2011 5:49 p.m.

Recently I performed a Feasibility Study to see whether we could manage another West trip next year.  I checked climate date, mileage, campgrounds, National Park maps, and road maps (atlas) and determined that yes, we can!  We can manage a West trip that would last about the same number of days of last year’s trip (23-24 days), see different places, and take in at least a dozen destinations.  We would head out West via the I-70 corridor, and return East via the I-40 corridor, more or less.

Here are the sights we might be able to see…

1. U.S. Air Force Academy – a tour of the campus, that might just inspire somebody.  Hey, you never know.

marching

2. Mesa Verde National Park, in Cortez, Colorado.  This is where some of the Anasazi cliff dwellings are.

mvnp

3. Canyonlands National Park, Moab, Utah.  The scenery says it all.

cnp

4. Arches National Park, Moab, Utah. So red, so amazing.

arch

5. Capital Reef National Park, Utah. A picture says 1000 words.

capreef

6. Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah. Brilliant.

bryce

7. Zion National Park, Utah (in October, when the leaves have turned!)

zion

8. Las Vegas, Nevada.  We have never been there.

vegas

9.  Hoover Dam, Boulder City, Nevada.

hoover

10. Grand Canyon South Rim, Arizona.

gcanyon

11. Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument, Flagstaff, Arizona.

scvolc

12. Petrified Forest, Arizona, and the Painted Desert.

painted

13. Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas.

hotspgs

Wow!  Thirteen destinations!  So stay tuned.  We are considering this for October, 2012.

|
This entry was posted on 5:49 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On June 29, 2011 at 7:54 AM , Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh man! You're living our dream. We want to do that some day.Some day!
I hope you manage to do it all.
Have a great day.
Kim

 
On June 29, 2011 at 7:00 PM , Liz Tolsma said...

Wow, you've been busy since I last checked in. Hope your summer is going well.

 
On July 1, 2011 at 11:10 AM , Linda said...

Incredible. Looking forward to being an armchair traveller.

 
On July 2, 2011 at 12:00 AM , Sarah said...

If blogger had a LIKE button, I would hit it! I've been to most of these at some point in my life, although it's been awhile. My little brother is a USAF academy cadet--he first visited when he was 4 years old (when big brother was a cadet) and decided then and there that he was going there when he grew up. It's a pretty neat place! And if you come to Utah, we really, really ought to meet up. Zions is my favorite place to camp in whole world--or was when I was a kid. I have yet to take my family, but we're close enough now that I really have no excuse.