Author: Breezy Point Mom
•3:42 PM
February 27, 2011 3:41 p.m.


On Friday, I did something very untypical for me.  A friend suggested going strawberry picking, and it was a kind of spur-of-the-moment thing.  Well, I am not that much of a spur-of-the-moment kind of person, so I was surprised at myself for jumping at the opportunity.

I replied to my friend, and then I went into the school room and announced to my children that a surprise awaited them at midday if they could complete the majority of their lessons by around 11:30.


I never witnessed such incredible work efficiency as I did that morning!  It was a true “LOL” kind of moment!  Sweet Girl completed all her work, and Chips got everything done except Geography and a bit of Reading.  Considering all he had done, that was good enough for me.


So after eating lunch, we piled into the car, and I drove to the strawberry farm without saying where we were going or who we would be meeting.  It was a sort of “mystery car ride”.  They were pretty excited when we pulled into the driveway of the strawberry farm, and especially so when they saw which friends were already there!


I am so glad my friend got me to drop lessons for a few hours.  It truly was a beautiful afternoon to go strawberry picking.  But unfortunately for me, I forgot to bring my camera there.


I hate when I do that!


But I do have photos of the evidence from later on that evening.  These strawberries are tasty beauties!!  Are they ever.


DSCN3087
So good, mommy!  And I picked ‘em myself.

DSCN3088
Looks like there is more Cool Whip on his
plate than berries!
This entry was posted on 3:42 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: