Author: Breezy Point Mom
•11:12 PM
November 12, 2010 11:11 p.m.

My life is full.  I want to blog, but often I cannot.  Every minute of the day is accounted for.  I long for days when I don't have to drive anywhere.  Haven't had any of those for awhile, now.  I shudder to think of what is yet to come in the next 6 weeks, as Christmas is notoriously busier than other times.  I don't know what happened to October.

We have been plugging away at our lives, doing lessons, and doing violin lessons, homeschool support group activities, church chorus, and then those things that come along in between like a dead car battery, laborious yard work, and unexpected root canal.  Oh, and any spare time that I might have had were taken away by those last three items.

Now occasionally, late at night, I do snatch a few minutes to practice the piano with headphones.  And I have been getting up before six a.m. to snatch some time to read, study the Bible, and walk the dog.

And another thing: we have been doing a little research for pricing for a new computer.   Although the prospect of a faster machine sounds nice, I am quite intimidated by the unknowns associated with getting another computer.  I have never switched computers before.  The one we have is nine years old and it is the first one we ever owned.  I am not sure how to switch over, and I don't look forward to the task.

But amidst the clamor of the unending details of daily life, there is great beauty.  For on the brighter side, Chips has really taken to playing the piano, since we acquired a digital piano in August.  He has learned to play The Entertainer and he is learning to play The Well-Tempered Clavier I, Prelude No. 1 in C major by J. S. Bach.  This is the kind of music that, to me, is unspeakably beautiful in its simplicity. The kind of music that can bring tears to my eyes.  I think this music will be playing in heaven when I arrive.



Soli Deo gloria - To God Alone be the glory!  I learned recently that J. S. Bach signed the initials "S.D.G." to the bottom of several of his musical compositions because he wrote them to the glory of God.  It is quite obvious to me that so many of his compositions are God-given.  This Prelude is most certainly one of them, and Chips is taking to it like a duck to water.

We are blessed to have music fill our home every day.  My life is full.

My heart is fuller.

Soli Deo gloria.
This entry was posted on 11:12 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On November 13, 2010 at 9:36 PM , Liz Tolsma said...

We just switched computers. It's a little (or a lot) intimidating, but I'm really starting to love it. You'll get the hang of it.
And Bach is one of my favorites. Author Jan Karon signed one of her books Sola Deo Gloria. If she hadn't done that, I might have done it with mine.

 
On November 15, 2010 at 4:41 PM , Marjie said...

People wondered why I turned off the radio when my first son was born, and never turned it back on. The children are my entertainment. My house, too, is full. My heart is fuller. God bless all 4 of you. Enjoy these years; you will cherish these memories forever.