Author: Breezy Point Mom
•8:03 AM
I am pretty excited about the upcoming recital tomorrow afternoon. This "end of year" recital is always a great big pick-me-up for all of us. Our children will be big participants this year, too. This marks the conclusion of 3 years of violin study for Baby Girl and 6 years of violin study for Little Son! Here is the lineup.

Baby Girl: will be graduating from Suzuki Book 1. She will get a trophy for this and she will also receive the "Bach Award" that our local Suzuki school gives to students who have mastered three Bach minuets in book 1.

Tomorrow she will be performing Handel's Chorus from "Judas Maccabaeus".

Little Son: will be graduating from Suzuki Book 4 and will receive a trophy.

He will be performing three times tomorrow, as follows..

1. His solo will be Papini's Theme and Variations, a piece he played in two competitions this year, taking a first place ($50) award in one of them. It is a lovely piece, and I love to hear him play it.

2. He will perform with the piano chamber trio of three boys, ages 9 (violin), 10 (cello), and 11 (piano). They will perform Allegro from Klengel's Kindertrio in G, op. 35, no. 2. They took first place statewide for this performance in early May.

3. This is the performance I am most excited about. Little Son will perform a duet with his teacher, Miss S. Together they will play Bach's Concerto for Two Violins, 1st. mvt. They have played great together in practice, and it will be such fun to hear and see them tomorrow.


I am so looking forward to this! Let us hope that our nine year old video camera is cooperative, and if it isn't , let us hope that I don't sweat it, and simply enjoy the performance.
|
This entry was posted on 8:03 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On May 15, 2009 at 3:58 PM , Marjie said...

Take photographs, don't sweat the video, and enjoy the recital. Truly, I've found that I never look at old videos, preferring instead to lovingly dwell over photographs, remember the event, and, more importantly, recall the emotions that the event brought. I cry with joy a lot, and I know you will, too.

 
On May 15, 2009 at 8:16 PM , Paula said...

I love the Bach concerto for two violins--I remember playing it with my sister. We always called it the "Bach Double" do you call it that? That was the farthest I ever got in Suzuki repertoire as a kid...we moved overseas with no more Suzuki teachers.