Author: Breezy Point Mom
•7:43 AM
My new internet friend, Lois, the creator of The Prairie Family Chronicles gave me this lovely award before we left on vacation. Thank you, Lois! I just know we would be great "in person" friends if we lived near each other. She has the sweetest, most beautiful, family that includes a youngest beauty who was born in China. Some of her children are also learning the violin, among many other things, including Boy Scouts and Caravan. They have a very interesting and busy life over there in Kansas, so check out their blog some time. It is quite good.

Now I have to nominate seven blogs I know for this award, so here goes. In no particular order:

Life at the W.A.C.K.O.S. : I can usually count on this one to be very entertaining. The homeschool mom here is about my age, except she has children who are much older than mine. I love her glimpse into a future life with teenagers. Highly recommended.

Musings of the Dings : I like to read about this beautiful family. They are expecting a baby soon, and they have a lovely blog. Both husbands and wives are contributors, with the husband writing posts that are of more theological interest. I enjoy this blog a lot.

Ante Family Agrarians : Now here is a real bonafide homesteading family. This family decided to answer the calling of the Lord to live off the land in Christian community. I find their lifestyle fascinating.

Modern Day Ozzie and Harriet : The creator of this blog is such an inspiration to me, as well as a really nice lady! I am a long time follower of her blog. She shares our appreciation of large, cute dogs, and of Calvert School curriculum. She is also an amazing cook, baker, seamstress, home decorator, and MOM of nine! I wish she lived closer, too. I'd love to stop by for dessert often. Check this one out.
Falling Like Rain : rapidly becoming an all time fave of mine. The more I learn about the creator of this interesting, uncluttered blog, the more I appreciate her point of view. I always check this one out first.
Susie Q&A : I have enjoyed reading about this family and their summer. The children are real cuties, and they live in a beautiful location as well.
The Prairie Family Chronicles : Is it legal to nominate the blogger who nominated me? This is one of the few blogs that I can honestly say I read "cover-to-cover". They are just such a sweet family, and everybody wears glasses, too! Don't worry, Lois, you don't have to go and nominate another seven.
For good reading, something uplifting and encouraging, fascinating and inspiring, check out any of these blogs during this election season, and beyond.
|
This entry was posted on 7:43 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 comments:

On October 21, 2008 at 9:47 AM , 40winkzzz said...

Thanks for the award and the "plug"! I guess I'd better go post something in case someone links over; I have negelcted my poor blog for over a week! (I'm currently writing a post which is almost finished, and I have another which is finished except for pics, and several more banging around in my head. Now if I had the TIME to finish & post them, I'd be all set!)

I also received this award from another friend about a month ago, so I guess it is high time I acknowledge it and pass it along!

 
On October 21, 2008 at 12:01 PM , Marjie said...

Thanks for thinking of me! I'm so glad to see another Calvert user who loves it as much as I do. Your kids are so sweet.

 
On October 21, 2008 at 4:25 PM , Sandy said...

Wow. Thank you. That's quite an endorsement.

 
On October 21, 2008 at 7:08 PM , On A Hill Homestead said...

Thank you so much for the award. I'm glad you enjoy our blog, and I'm always amazed at how people find our life facinating. We just feel like pretty ordinary folk. LOL! Thanks again for reading, and the award.
Peace, Kris

 
On October 22, 2008 at 1:12 PM , Lois O'Brien said...

Thanks so much for your kind words both here and on my site. I look forward to continuing our "internet friendship" for a long time to come.

Lois

 
On October 22, 2008 at 2:12 PM , Paula said...

Thanks for giving me several new blogs to check out! I always enjoy reading your blog so I'm sure you have good judgement.

 
On October 24, 2008 at 3:02 PM , Lois said...

Wow. . . Thank you for your kind words and nomination.