Author: Breezy Point Mom
•5:41 PM
 September 27, 2010  5:41 p.m.


The day after, and I feel like I am in the acceleration lane of a freeway, hitting the gas pedal to get up to speed, now that I am home.  Life goes on and there are activities, lessons, and appointments as if we never left.  So I need to get productive, quickly.  I am now remembering why I normally don't have time to blog.

Nevertheless, I am going to take advantage of this relatively light(er) day to begin to type from my travel journal, and I begin with Day 1.

Day 1 - Sept. 4, 2010
Left home around 7:30 a.m. - Odometer = 25,094.

We immediately began with a technical issue.  We realized that the GPS device that a friend was lending us was not going to work.  The power cord had been crimped and wasn't making a good enough connection anymore.  So we began our trip by looking for a Best Buy; this we found west of Jacksonville, and stopped and ate at their outdoor picnic table for our first mid-morning snack.

Our lunch stop took place at the Georgia Welcome Center, which worked out nicely except we figured that the town we were in must have been called Gnattown.  The gnats at the picnic table were formidable.  Once we got back on the highway we discovered what the trouble had been.  We had unknowingly been just downwind of a flea market!  (that was meant to be a joke - hee hee).

We arrived at the Forsyth KOA around 5 - early enough for plenty of daylight to remain.  We spent the time enjoying the swings and exploring the grounds.  The weather was clear and warm.

Campground rating: On a scale of 1-10, I rate this KOA a 7.

Enjoying the afternoon at Forsyth KOA

Forsyth KOA

Sweet Girl likes to swing us, and it is very relaxing.

Gnat-town, Georgia
This entry was posted on 5:41 PM and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: