Author: Breezy Point Mom
•6:52 PM
June 15, 2010 6:52 p.m.

If you are like me, you are severely myopic.  Which is not great when I am swimming under water.  When I go swimming, if I plan to keep my head above water, I will keep wearing my prescription eyeglasses and sunglasses, but I have to remove them before going under water.  My eyesight has been so bad for so long that there was never a time in my life when I could see clearly under water.

Then, I found out about these inexpensive prescription swim goggles.  They are made to fit all sizes, including children.  I cannot believe the price, either.  Just $7.95 plus shipping.  So I purchased two  pair, one for Chips and one for myself.  My eyes are so bad that I had to specify a diopter value of -7.0.  No, the prescription is not perfect, especially when you have astigmatism, as I do.  But it is certainly good enough for swimming.

Anyway, they arrived this week and we both tried them and they are fantastic!  A whole new world has opened to me; I can actually see clearly and sharply under water for the first time in my life.  I highly recommend these goggles, and consider them my great find for 2010 (so far).  Chips is very satisfied with them, too, and his diopter value is -2.5.
This entry was posted on 6:52 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On June 15, 2010 at 7:01 PM , Marjie said...

Oh, you've made me feel so much better! Not because I swim - I don't - but because my diopter value is a clear, crisp -5.0! I never thought I'd say my eyesight is good by comparison to anything (except maybe cataracts)!

 
On June 16, 2010 at 9:17 AM , Heidi said...

I just found your blog through the Calvert blog network. We too are homeschooling our daughter using Calvert, she will be 8 in October and is going into the 2nd grade. Thank you SO much for posting about the prescription swim goggles. I have not been able to find them in kids sizes before. My daughter is very near sighted, her prescription is already a -5.5 and she has a hard time seeing in the water. She will have enjoy the pool so much more with these.

 
On June 28, 2010 at 10:25 AM , Heidi said...

Molly's swim goggles came last week. Wow, what a difference they make in her confidence level in the pool and her swimming ability. Thanks again for posting about the prescription goggles.