Author: Breezy Point Mom
•1:59 PM

FOR TODAY... May 25, 2010 1:59 p.m.

Outside my window
... actually, outside my front door, our dog is barking to be let back inside, but he does need to stay outside a few minutes longer and he needs to learn a bit of patience, since he only wanted out a couple of minutes ago.

I am thinking and praying... for a family who suffered the untimely loss of their father and husband, after two years suffering from A.L.S.; for a friend up north who is suffering acutely from a mysterious infected insect bite on her leg; for another friend's week, travels, and her parents who are dealing with difficult illness right now, that the doctors will be able to begin an effective treatment plan soon.

I am thankful for
... The resourcefulness and calm temperament of my husband.  Also, the adults in our lives who care about and nurture our children's bodies, spirits, souls, and minds. 

I am wearing
... navy blue shorts, a pink "homeschool mom" T-shirt, and my trademark athletic shoes.  Beginning tomorrow, I will also be wearing an orthodontic retainer.  Feeling young again...


I am remembering
... exactly seven years of being taught at our local Suzuki school, and those days back when we began before Sweet Girl was part of our family, and when Chips was scarcely out of diapers.

I am going
... to go on a van camping venture this coming Memorial Day weekend. 

I am reading
... "Respectable Sins" by Jerry Bridges. 

I am hoping and praying... for the people who live on the Korean peninsula, especially the city where Sweet Girl was born, that war will be averted between the North and the South.  Don't even want to think about it.

On my mind
... Not enough.  The fact that I have been blogging so infrequently is indicative of the fact that the pace of my life has been stifling any meaningful reflection on my part.  I am uncomfortable with this.  It isn't good.

From the learning rooms
...  We have just about reached the one year mark of learning Westminster Shorter Catechism questions and answers.  Of course, the children have been memorizing it all.  I haven't memorized anything.  We have been using the book "Training Hearts Teaching Minds" by Starr Meade, and I always appreciate its concrete and clear explanations.

Noticing that
... when you ask the Lord to reveal to you the sin in your heart that you don't see, he is very prompt about answering your prayer.


Pondering these words...               Create in my a pure heart, O God, 
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.  
Do not cast me from your presence 
or take your Holy Spirit from me.  
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.  
Then I will teach transgressors your ways, 
and sinners will turn back to you.  
PSALM 51: 10-13.

From the kitchen
...  stuffed shells with tossed salad and garlic bread.

Around the house... greater than normal chaos, as we anticipate a road trip this weekend.

One of my favorite things
... those moments when the children spontaneously embrace each other.  Usually (okay, always) initiated by Sweet Girl.

From my picture journal......


Rainy Day Activities


To participate in this meme, please visit
The Simple Woman's Daybook here.
|
This entry was posted on 1:59 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On May 25, 2010 at 2:59 PM , Anonymous said...

I have the opposite problem with my dog. She loves it outside and sometimes you have to make her come in.

 
On May 25, 2010 at 10:58 PM , Liz Tolsma said...

Yes, my heart, too, is heavy with the troubles on the Korean peninsula. We must pray for peace there. We're almost done with "Training Hearts, Teaching Minds". It's a great book and we've really enjoyed it.

 
On May 26, 2010 at 10:27 AM , Tara said...

Praying for your friends, and Korea.I am going to need to check out Training Hearts, Teaching Minds.
Also praying for your trip this weekend. I so love road trips. Have fun!!!!
Wow seven years that is awesome...
Blessing blog friend!