Author: Breezy Point Mom
•11:33 AM

FOR TODAY... April 6, 2010 5:15 p.m.

Outside my window
... lavender colored wildflowers have sprouted all over our property, and that of adjacent properties as well. These flowers give off a very sweet and floral scent, so that it really smells like Easter time around here.

I am thinking and praying... for the children of three different friends; children who are each dealing with their own issues and pain related to their school lives.

I am thankful for
... fellowship time yesterday evening with my homeschool mom friends.

I am wearing
... khaki capri pants, a periwinkle blue top, and my trademark athletic shoes.

I am remembering
... a fun time at our house last week when one of our talented homeschool mom friends skillfully taught us about DNA and provided a laboratory experience for all the children in our group.

I am going
... to host many friends at Chips' TENTH birthday bowling party this coming Saturday. He is very excited, and expects to see 14 friends there.

I am reading
... creeping my way through all the books I mentioned within the past few weeks, but now have added the following into the mix: Endangered Minds: Why Children Don't Think and What We Can Do About It by Jane M. Healy, a book recommended by Sandy at Falling Like Rain .

I am hoping and praying... for as painless an adjustment as possible for my MIL to a new facility for her care. She is making the transition from assisted living to nursing home, and unfortunately has to be on a waiting list for a preferred facility. We hope that she doesn't have to be relocated more than once before finding the right permanent spot.

On my mind
... two friends whose kids are at brick and mortar schools, and suffering quite a bit in school. I realize that homeschooling cannot solve every problem, nor is it for everyone, but I wonder how much suffering could have been avoided had they been homeschooled from the start. Praying for wisdom for them as well.

From the learning rooms
... Chips is now a published writer, and I will write more about this in my next post.

Noticing that
... the academic portion of our homeschool day is taking longer and longer lately. Some of it is from a more advanced and extended workload, some of it is from daudling. Trying to tell which is which, and maybe not wanting to know.

Pondering these words
... He's alive and I'm forgiven -- heaven's gates are open wide! -- Don Francisco, circa 1977(?)

From the kitchen
... Skillet burritos and canteloupe for supper tonight.

Around the house... roof repairs about done here. Now we need to tear down some patio screening to get at another place that needs patching and painting. I guess that means we will be having to learn how to rescreen next. I hope it can get done before the summer heat arrives.

One of my favorite things
... watching the children sleeping comfortably in their beds and marveling at the miracles that brought them into our lives.

From my picture journal......

From the annual egg hunt in our yard.

To participate in this meme, please visit
The Simple Woman's Daybook here.
|
This entry was posted on 11:33 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On April 7, 2010 at 5:22 AM , b said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, I'm sure the pollen is incredible down there, too! Makes us want to hibernate inside for a couple of weeks, but the sun is just too beautiful. Ah... rescreening. We need to learn to do that too!
:-) Blessings to you and your beautiful family. B.

 
On April 8, 2010 at 11:44 PM , Shannon said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from new people! I think the fact that you have been tv free for 7 yrs is wonderful. I would be completely ok with that. You're children are beautiful-love the Easter pic.

 
On April 9, 2010 at 11:52 AM , LISA said...

Wow, Chips is having a big week ~ turning ten and published, way to go. Pain in schooling, ouch, that hurts everyone. You can re-screen. We did our front porch with a staple gun and handwork (our frame is wood, not metal) and it turned out great. Neither of us had ever done a screen before. We found slow and not rushing were the key. I know you guys can do it. Have a great weekend.