Author: Breezy Point Mom
•8:30 PM

FOR TODAY... November 16, 2009 9:06 p.m.

Outside my window... it is night now, but earlier today was beautiful, partly sunny, and a high of about 80, the type of weather I wait for all summer long.

I am thinking and praying... about my long distance friend, Darcy, who was to go through a bilateral mammogram today. I am wondering how she is doing, and hoping to hear from someone about it soon. Really soon!

I am thankful for... those at our local Suzuki music school who have been such a positive influence in the lives of my children, most especially, our dear violin teacher, Miss S.

I am wearing... fleecy lounge pants and a non-matching long sleeved pajama top.

I am remembering... a gentleman who I used to work for, 17 years ago, and whose funeral my husband attended today.

I am going... to Cracker Barrel for Thanksgiving, probably, since there aren't any better options right now. Self-Reliant Man doesn't want to stay home and eat again this year.

I am reading... Young Fu of the Upper Yangtze as a family read-aloud. I am also hoping to get started tomorrow on Things Left Unspoken, by Eva Marie Everson. Another book I am reading is Preparing Him for the Other Woman: A Mother's Guide to Raising Her Son to Love a Wife and Lead a Family, by Sheri Rose Shepherd

I am hoping... to keep my house decluttered, especially since I went to such effort to get it that way on Saturday. Whew!

On my mind... My dear friend and buddy, Lori, whose birthday was this weekend, and who I had the pleasure of talking to by phone today. Happy Birthday Lori!! (p.s. she never reads my blog so she won't see this...LOL)

From the learning rooms... I am so happy that Baby Girl completed First Grade last week! We are beginning the final ten lessons of Fourth Grade with Little Son. Hopefully, we will complete that early enough in December to earn a nice long Christmas break.

Noticing that... my dog is much happier these days. When the weather finally gets cooler around here, he is a different dog, full of life and vitality!

Pondering these words... The pastor who preaches at the church we attend admitted in an interview with M*rk Dr*scoll this month that he has never, ever connected to the Internet, nor has he ever sent or received a single email. I just know there is a message for me in there somewhere.

From the kitchen... Crock Pot Chinese Chicken and Bean stew.

Around the house... very little attention to the house on Mondays, since we homeschool and spend the entire afternoon away at violin lessons.

One of my favorite things... all the sweet notes and drawings that my children still make for me.

From my picture journal...

the organ pipes are only partially installed in this photo, here, but they will be in and voiced before the Christmas season begins.






To participate in this meme, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook here.
|
This entry was posted on 8:30 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On November 18, 2009 at 3:11 PM , Linda said...

A good Suzuki programme is indeed something to be thankful for. Ours has certainly enriched our family life hugely and brought benefits way beyond 'just' music.

 
On November 19, 2009 at 11:20 PM , Anonymous said...

How fun to go to Cracker Barrel for Thanksgiving. We had dinner there a couple weeks ago. Very yummy!