Author: Breezy Point Mom
•10:11 PM
The children had a great time at VBS. They can't stop talking about it. All evening long, they pretend that all their little VBS friends are playing with them. It's so cute. Anyhow, they had a waterslide at the VBS today, for which I had to sign a liability waiver before they could participate. Talk about comforting thoughts. I am not used to these sorts of things. In fact, my kids are very rarely out of my sight. The only time they have not been with me over the years has been for two hours each week (during the school year) at AWANA meetings. So, imagine my trepidation as classic over-protective mom at..
1) sending them off to their first VBS and
2) having to sign a waiver. Yippee!!

So, of course, when I arrived at the church today, there is the inflatable water slide, looking about twice its actual height (to my eyes) and I am saying "gee that slide looks big.." and my five year old is saying "that slide looks small!". Must have been my eyes.. I think I am beginning to need bifocals. Maybe this prescription makes waterslides look bigger.

Fast forward a couple of hours, the children have been picked up, and they did have a great, great time. And both of them, of course, loved the waterslide.

So this is the first week since I've been a mom that I have had both kids away from me every day. They were gone from 9 - 12:30 each morning. Wow -- all that time just for ME! I can shop, I can visit friends, I can have lunch dates with other moms. So what did I do while they were gone?

I worked on my dd's adoption lifebook (see earlier post). I will write more about that some time. For this project, I used the book Lifebooks: Creating a Treasure for the Adopted Child by Beth O'Malley. I can't recommend this book highly enough for designing lifebooks. This week, I managed to begin the project, and complete 9 pages of the lifebook.
This entry was posted on 10:11 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: